• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
anyone bother by this.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:36 pm Reply with quote
This thread could be in the Manga or Retail section but anyways, I normally don't read Manga other then Monster and the .hack novels but last weekend I was at borders with my girlfriend (She was getting a giftcard for someone) and I happen to drop by the Anime dvd/ Manga section and as I look down the manga there is about 10 kids (some were young adults to be fair) were sitting there reading away. As I attempt to manage my way down the row of manga (toward the new .hack/ AI buster check it out btw) some of the manga reader had several books by them that they had already read. Anyways I leave and go to movie theater that is next door (Firewall ahh Harrison Ford what happened?) after that maddness ended I stop by Borders again and still sat a huge group feverishly reading away the newest Manga.
So my question why doesn't Borders kick these kids out? Or at least wrap up the manga so that you can only read them if you purchase them. I mean my local Anime store wraps their Manga and then has like 5-6 different manga that are open so that you can preview them.
Doesn't anyone think that this would help Manga sales if more people had to buy the manga in order to read them, I mean every week there is a new release on this site about if any manga broke into the top 100.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
darkhunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Already being discuss on this thread. There's like 7 pages of discussion and yes it's a problem and I guess we can refer to these people as manga lounger.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:31 am Reply with quote
Right. Please use any current and pre-existing threads to avoid redundancy and all that. Thanks, darkhunter Smile.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1