• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
About AMV's!?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bumjohnson

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:39 am Reply with quote
Can AMV's make or brak your look about a anime?

I have about 14.5 gig's of AMV's. My ? to you. Have you ever fund new anime by AMV's?

some of you may know about http://www.animemusicvideos.org/home/home.php
Its a great place for AMV's I thank. I have fund about 20, or so anime from just downloading AMV's. There are is ton's of good amv's out there. Have you ever got an anime just my seing a amv?
CyberViper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:52 am Reply with quote
I don't know if I have ever searched for an anime based on an AMV i've seen in the past, but many times i've seen an AMV, forgotten about it, and then happened to watch the show.

Then I think to myself, "I've seen this somewhere before...where did I see it?? It defintely wasn't on TV...but i've seen this!!!" And then it drives me insane because I can't figure out where I saw until like 2 months after I finished the series...THEN it hits me.

I used to watch a lot of AMVs, but I don't have many any more.

I've seen a few of Evangelion, Berserk, and one of Key The Metal Idol, that I liked. I know there were a lot more i've seen, but I can't think of them right now.

But I think AMVs are a good way to discover anime, or also a good way to appreciate an anime even more after watching it.
2Real

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:03 am Reply with quote
personly AMV's are great if that is your thing. but i wouldnt go around basing wut i watch on a AMV. because AMV is like the new or sports review. it only shows the most interesting/entertaning parts. basicly its a higligt real.

and if u wana watch a show because u saw one cool fight seen that is great, but u might get realy disapointed thinking ur gona watch Ninja Scroll type anime then get Pokemon.

or u could find a realy good show.

basicly its your choice, but if it was me id ask around and read some reviews b4 watching anything.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:11 am Reply with quote
Generally, I'm apprehensive of AMVs, because at times they can give you a great preview because the editing, directing, music and footage are perfectly aligned. Othertimes it'd give you an incorrect impression on the feel of a thing, and other times, the creator ends up using all of the good bits, managing to avoid how damn terrible the original thing is.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:57 am Reply with quote
I usually look for AMVs based on anime that I have seen, because many tend to contain spoilers, even if they are "green" in the list. For awhile, when I was DLing some Scrapped Princess AMVs, it seemed like every other one just had to include the scene in episode 23 where spoiler[Forcis stabs Pacifica.] *major spoiler, do not highlight if you haven't seen the ep!*, though luckily it wasn't a spoiler for me. I think I've had the opposite effect happen; I'll see some anime in an AMV, recognize what it is, and decide, "Blech, I'm staying away from that show." I'll look back through my AMVs, and see if I really did discover any anime through them.
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:32 am Reply with quote
I love AMVs, if the beats match up well. I have made a couple of AMVs myself, and it's a lot of fun to make them. Anime smile And I do not even want to bother thinking how many times I've watched them, because it would probably be almost about over 1,000 different times. Anime dazed
S_C_L-1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Of course!
But i wouldnt judge an anime entirely on an AMN...

I've seen more bad AMVs than good...

Most of the time, the song chosen doesnt fit at all, it is an aglomeration of "cool parts", been done to death or focused entirely on lip sync...

And your impression could be deformed even more if the AMV is made with clips of several animes...

While we are on the subject, would any 1 know a free/easy to use video editing software? I have been wanting to make an AMV for awhile now...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1