• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bleach vs Naruto

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2Real

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:43 pm Reply with quote
ok in a recent Thread i saw someone compare Naruto and Bleach as basicly the same. and for some reason i just couldnt agree with that statement.

i have watched both of them and the only thing i can find they have in common is that they both have "Power Attack Beam" type things (idk wut they "correct" term would be) other then that they are completly different. The chaector devlopment is way different, and even more importantly the objectives in each are started for different reasons. Bleach (imo) has more of a romantic side to it. as were Naruto is less then romantic, so to speek.

wuts ur input on this Thread?
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Well, they are both shonen action/adventure series, so they are going to have similarities.

As for Bleach being more romantic, I think it's the other way around. In Naruto, there is a clear love triange between Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura. In Bleach, there has barely been a hint of romance.
2Real

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:57 pm Reply with quote
hmmm id have to dis agree for the Ichigo , Rukia , Rengie thing going on (it is made evident that Rengie and Rukia are friends with strong feelings nothing more). with Ichigo and Rukia it is a relcutant showing of offection in a more realistic adult way (the arguing).

in Naruto is more of a kid "i like u" thing. the whole bashfulness and unwillingness to admit ones feelings when they arise. but that is as far as they go realy a few things are caused due to feelings for a indavidual, but its realy not the cause of the entire thing. the only person that can have that said about them in Naruto is Sakura with her desire to get Sauske (but there are many other reason for everyone else to do it and that is just more convient).

Bleach is all about how he feels for Rukia and is the only reason that the story moves along.

PS. Ichigo would kick Naruto's Butt
CyberViper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:20 pm Reply with quote
My preference currently lies with Bleach.
I find Bleach to be more humorous, but no so that the viewer knows the gag was put in there simply to make them laugh. This happens sometimes when i'm watching Naruto, and after I laugh I feel a little dissapointed in myself.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy Naruto very much, but Naruto's use of the same move over and over is beginning to get on my nerves. Naruto himself is somewhat of an annoying character at some times, but he always seems to pull through in the end, which makes this enjoyable.

I also think Naruto has more childish morals to it than Bleach does...like teamwork and friendship. And it isn't subtle...they blantantly say it too.

The unexpected doesn't seem to happen as much in Naruto, or least on the same level, as it does in Bleach.

I find every character in Bleach loveable. I can't really say I dislike any of them. I think the plot to Bleach is more interesting, and is an anime geared to an older group than Naruto is. Yet I think it's suitable for anyone to watch either of them.

Bleach always shows the unexpected to me. Each and every episode turns out to be another surpise or plot twist. (And if you've been keeping up you know what i'm talking about!).

The only flaw, and i'm not sure if it's a flaw, with Bleach is the introduction of, and time spent on, several new characters and the drifting away from older characters.

I suppose we will just have to see where this takes us...

Nevertheless. I am for Bleach. Once the Naruto fillers are over we'll see what happens then.
2Real

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:27 pm Reply with quote
you basicly said it CyberViper, but even when the fillers end in Naruto....i dont think i will ever watch it after seeing bleach. and Naruto is just 2 chilish for me to realy enjoy. like u said "i feel disapointed when i laugh" but, for me its i feel disapointed im taking the time to watch it.

-there are some other good points made about the good and bad in "Naruto is Awosome?" thread.
Berselius

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Forgive my egocentricism, but i hope you don't mean my most recent post here. If you are, then let me say that i never said they were the same. I said i liked Bleach somewhat better. If not, then forgive me and go about your business Embarassed
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:49 am Reply with quote
Bleach has a more subtle, but also deeper and more mature romantic angle. Naruto's is more clearcut, but also more of a "crush" kind of thing, irrational and open.

Both series are indeed Japan-themed shonen series, Naruto ninja-oriented and Bleach samurai-oriented. They are very different in many ways, but there are sure plenty of similarities as well, particularly if you aren't in touch enough wiht Japanese culture to write off many of the "ancient japan" elements.
QwazilQwazil

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:21 am Reply with quote
hi im a big naruto fan and yea i have seen a bleech episode with chinese subs and i had no idea what the story was so i have decided not to judge it yet. So i like naruto alot do u think i should give bleach a shot?
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Everyone should give Bleach a shot, but I couldn't promise you'd enjoy it, they are quite different series really. One thing to note is that Bleach, like Naruto, really doesn't take off until the second major arc, somewhere around ep 15 or 16.
pingo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Call me insane... But I am the only one who think Rukia is really cute?

She and Ichi would be a good couple, even though Ichis sword is larger than her:D

she's this little mad bomb walking around screaming...

One thing I have noticed about Bleach is that many of the female characters have insanely huge b00bies.

Matsumoto and Ohirime(sp?)O_O

I love both series. Im a fan of shonen anime.Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1