• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What's the Beef With Ranma?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OsamuTezuka

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Over the years I've seen a number of anime websites, tv networks, etc. shun Ranma 1/2 refusing to put up content from the series. What is it about Ranma that so many people object to? I've watched the first 5 episodes and I've seen very little nudity, (most episodes have none at all), certainly alot less than I've seen in some other animes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Van_Helsing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:10 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised that so many people objected to Ranma 1/2. I think it's a very good anime, quite old, but very good... It's just a bit too long (161 episodes). And the nudity in Ranma is not shocking, you just see sometimes girls' naked breast, but nothing else.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:17 pm Reply with quote
probly becouse after all those eps spoiler[the plot is never resolved he still is cursed] heard the manga is the same way.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
suna_suna

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:14 pm Reply with quote
cyrax777 wrote:
probly becouse after all those eps spoiler[the plot is never resolved he still is cursed] heard the manga is the same way.

Not sure about the manga, but that is because the anime does not go through the whole manga series. only volumes 1-20 for the TV and some of the stories in 21-29. there are 36 volumes
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:52 pm Reply with quote
I watched the first two or three seasons and I just got bored of it. The antics get old, there is no plot to speak of (at least Inu Yasha has that), and nothing really changes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1