• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Whats..... [Yu Yu Hakusho like]

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:47 pm Reply with quote
yu yu hakusho like, i mean is it action or comady or mixed, dont know alot about anime and is it better than cowboy bebop in your opinin, thanks.

[Topic fixed, warned -t]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Seventh Son

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:08 pm Reply with quote
its definitely full of more action than comedy, maybe once every few episodes there will be a comedic moment. however, dont expect a normal sized anime of 30 or under. It has 112 episodes and can get very drawn out at points. as for the vs. Cowboy Bebop issue, i cant compare. Theyre both good. Those are two anime amoung a few others that got me hooked.
ChrisC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:12 pm Reply with quote
how many of the 112 episodes are in english?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sweet_lavender

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:43 pm Reply with quote
ChrisC wrote:
yu yu hakusho like, i mean is it action or comady or mixed, don't know alot about anime and is it better than cowboy bebop in your opinin, thanks.

Yu yu hakusho and Cowboy bebop are both awesome. Cowboy bebop has all the action that seems pretty real. On the other hand, yu yu hakusho has something to do with like powers like DBZ or that's at least what I think.
cell21

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Isn't the show created by the same guy who wrote about Hunter x Hunter? If so , does it have thinking behind attacks or all out dragonball z style fighting.
shirokiryuu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:58 pm Reply with quote
ChrisC wrote:
how many of the 112 episodes are in english?

alll of them are already in english and in stores
shirokiryuu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:59 pm Reply with quote
cell21 wrote:
Isn't the show created by the same guy who wrote about Hunter x Hunter? If so , does it have thinking behind attacks or all out dragonball z style fighting.

both, we have a lot of err..tactics in yyh, but we do have some random punches fighting (but there is usually some combinded with some sort of tactic)
ChrisC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:05 pm Reply with quote
So is yu yu hakusho like dragonball z? hope not Confused Confused
remember love

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:53 pm Reply with quote
IMO,the anime(Yu Yu hakusho) is a lot like DBZ but better. To me it isn't like Cowboy Bebop at all(which I will say cowboy bebop is better). I think the characters are much more likeable and action seems to be alot nicer IMO then what dbz was. And while it has a lot of training episodes the main character really only uses one move which is the spirit gun. And to me I find a little more compelling to watch then DBZ maybe because of the more spiritual aspect to it because I do like a lot of demon anime. Please note, I have not seen all episodes of the show and that my opinion up there is from what I have actually seen though I think I've seen equal or just about equal amount of episodes with DBZ.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
RoseWhip

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Yes, Yu Yu Hakusho definetely has more brainy fighting than Dragonball Z. Not to mention when YYH characters throw punches they do not grunt Wink . But YYH isn't like Cowboy Bebop, mostly because it is aimed at a slightly younger audience, in my opinion. And Cowboy Bebop is more serious. I personally prefer Yu Yu Hakusho, but they are both great. DBZ isn't too bad either.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:23 pm Reply with quote
It's more tactical than DBZ (more from the supporting characters than from Yuusuke though), but not as tactical as HXH or the better episodes of Naruto. I enjoy it though.
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:30 am Reply with quote
Yu Yu Hakusho is a stereotypical long running shonen manga/anime. It doesn't share too much in common with Bebop, and is far more similar and is aimed towards fans of series like DBZ, Kenshin, One Piece, and Naruto. Bebop has less of a manga feel to me and has far more in common with series like Samurai Champloo and Wolf's Rain.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:24 am Reply with quote
Once again, you have this information at your disposal, if you click the link "Anime" under "Encyclopedia" on the left side of the screen. You could also try this site if necessary.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:53 am Reply with quote
The encyclopedia is a great reference for actor info, production info, that sort of thing, but it's not great for getting overall impressions of series'. That's why the forums are great.
SilverChisai

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:01 am Reply with quote
yu yu hakusho is so awesome. the story line sucked me in totaly after awhile. there are so many unique and different characters to fall in love with.

As for the story line. Basically it has an element for everyone. It has action, and fighting. And there is a decent amout of perverted teenage humor as teenage boys have and tend to express! (seeing as how yusuke is like 14 and we see him until 19 Razz )
But amongst all the ass kicking, cursing and pervertednesses of it all! there is a love story behind it. Yusuke and his long life friend/ girlfriend kayko (keiko). it's never actually said but you can tell they love eachother. Very Happy and it's never said at the end of the show spoiler[ but they do end up getting married and running the resturant that kayko's parents own.]

it think it's so cool because its so realtable. it's a teenage boy dealing with demons and still has to go home and explain to his love intrest why he didn't go shopping with her today and he left school blowing up a wall.

in all YYH is definatly worth picking up. it's all in stores so go for it!

<3 Lynn-san
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2