• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Does anyone have a review of Full Metal Alchemist: The Movie

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rodimus Primevil

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:11 pm Reply with quote
I've heard that it was just released, I wanted to know how it pertained to the series and how good was it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Irukichan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:17 pm Reply with quote
It's a continuation of the series, two years later. Really loved the soundtrack, very FMA-ish, although it has... well, almost a Spanish-Latino-ish thing going on if you listen to it on CD... sometimes.

Personally, I didn't like it. Why? The ending is way worse than the series and leaves less room for fanfictions. Bleh. I just can't think of the last time I was so dissapointed with an ending! Oh well, guess you can't have everything.

It's happy in a way, I guess,and it really depends on who's watching it whether they will like the outcome or not. There's some little nuances about the character "development" that I'd like to address, mainly Ed's new attitude, but... well, I guess the *movie* is enjoyable about like the series--up until the end.

Anyways, that's my opinion, spoiler free and honest. I loved FMA, they should do an OVA once the manga finishes Anime cry
Berselius

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:33 am Reply with quote
I actually thought it was a very good conclusion to what was left over from the 51 episode series. The ONLY thing i didn't like about the movie was that spoiler[envy should have been a more important character. By the end of the series he's so intricatly tied to Edward and Hoenheim that i thought for sure he would have more of a role in the movie than he did]. But everything gets resolved and there are some really nice points that just make ur hairs stand on end spoiler[Such as wrath's death, and Edwards temporary return to his world]. All in all, i think it is a worthy movie sequel to a great series. I'm just sad it's over.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:54 am Reply with quote
I kinda liked seing the spoiler[characters who died back in the show alive in "our world" ]
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
ravager

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:49 am Reply with quote
Uhm...I've read of a summary someone's blog (a whole lot of spoilers!):

http://www.livejournal.com/users/sycia/2005/07/23/
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1