• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tsubasa chronicle English voice predictions

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryusaki

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:09 am Reply with quote
Well I guess for one we know its Funi thats doing all the English VO work,so yeah. but any predictions? I' personally think Vic M. will end as either Fai or kurogane. Yet, (okay i know he is been in WAY! to many shows,voicing many popular characters) I think Old Mr.Blum himself would kinda fit Kurogane,.. but thats just me. seeing he did pretty good with Kazuma from S-cry-ed.
Rªdì¢âl_£Ð

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:39 am Reply with quote
Do remember that FUNimations will only use actors from one particular studio. Unless the actor is willing to take a trip to the other studio, that will not be the case. Assuming FUNimations commisions Redshift Productions to dub it, these are my thoughts on the actors:

Kari Wahlgren - Sakura
I thought her performance in the second CCS movie was most excellent and captured the same spirit of the Japanese Seiyuu. Though the Seiyuu is not the same this time, Sakura's character is basically the same in Tsubasa as she was in CCS except older.

Mona Marshall - Syaoran
Same reason as Kari Wahlgren.

Johnny Yong Bosch/Kevin Hatcher - Fai
Note that Bosch and Hatcher are the same people. As we saw in Trigun, Bosch can do carefree and laid back extremely well while acting serious in the necessary moments.

Steve Blum - Kurogane
A badass ninja requires a badass voice actor. Simple as that.

Kaeko Sakamoto- Mokanna
Though I have never heard her act before, I decided on Sakamoto on the premise that she has done Mokanna before and should reprise her role. Otherwise, I would say Wendee Lee since Mokanna in Tsubasa reminds me of Kero-chan from CCS.

Mary Elizabeth McGlynn - Yuuko
McGlynn can do all-knowing and serious real well but does have a wild side which I've never seen McGlynn do before. If not, then maybe Wendee Lee.

Derek Stephen Prince - Watanuki
No real basis. It's just that when I read the manga, I feel that his voice fits the role pretty well.

For the most part, I want the casts from the Bang Zoom! Entertainment dubs (ie Cardcaptor Sakura, Chobits, X, Magical Knights Rayearth) to reprise their roles.
ryusaki

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:45 am Reply with quote
Rªdì¢âl_£Ð wrote:
Do remember that FUNimations will only use actors from one particular studio. Unless the actor is willing to take a trip to the other studio, that will not be the case. Assuming FUNimations commisions Redshift Productions to dub it, these are my thoughts on the actors:

Kari Wahlgren - Sakura
I thought her performance in the second CCS movie was most excellent and captured the same spirit of the Japanese Seiyuu. Though the Seiyuu is not the same this time, Sakura's character is basically the same in Tsubasa as she was in CCS except older.

Mona Marshall - Syaoran
Same reason as Kari Wahlgren.

Johnny Yong Bosch/Kevin Hatcher - Fai
Note that Bosch and Hatcher are the same people. As we saw in Trigun, Bosch can do carefree and laid back extremely well while acting serious in the necessary moments.

Steve Blum - Kurogane
A badass ninja requires a badass voice actor. Simple as that.

Kaeko Sakamoto- Mokanna
Though I have never heard her act before, I decided on Sakamoto on the premise that she has done Mokanna before and should reprise her role. Otherwise, I would say Wendee Lee since Mokanna in Tsubasa reminds me of Kero-chan from CCS.

Mary Elizabeth McGlynn - Yuuko
McGlynn can do all-knowing and serious real well but does have a wild side which I've never seen McGlynn do before. If not, then maybe Wendee Lee.

Derek Stephen Prince - Watanuki
No real basis. It's just that when I read the manga, I feel that his voice fits the role pretty well.

For the most part, I want the casts from the Bang Zoom! Entertainment dubs (ie Cardcaptor Sakura, Chobits, X, Magical Knights Rayearth) to reprise their roles.

Well at least some on agrees on Blum, for Fai,yes Johnny Bosch,yet I think Vic M. or even Steve Cannon might do nicely.
I see Wendee Lee as Yuuko',some how,..but who knows.
Yet true we are dealing with Funi here,so Funi VA in Tsubasa? I see Vic M. in it in some way,and then Justin Cook doing VO as well, ..bet he'll be the ADR director.

I hope they get Blum for Kuro,I mean!? Steven never worked with Viz until Naruto? so why not?
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:30 am Reply with quote
I pridict an In house dub by FUNi, so just like with the Japanese verson, none on the previous english actors will reprise their roles.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:42 am Reply with quote
Advent_Nebula wrote:
I pridict an In house dub by FUNi, so just like with the Japanese verson, none on the previous english actors will reprise their roles.

Though FUNi did break out to other parts of North America and hired peeps from their respective regions (FMA being a great example since they hired Johnny Yong Bosch, Carrie Savage, Scott McNeil, and so forth). I wouldn't be surprised if they hired the LA VAs to reclaim their original roles as cameos. Tsubasa Chronicles is a great opportunity for this type of stuff as well as being an awesome English dub gimmick! Very Happy
ryusaki

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:26 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Advent_Nebula wrote:

Though FUNi did break out to other parts of North America and hired peeps from their respective regions (FMA being a great example since they hired Johnny Yong Bosch, Carrie Savage, Scott McNeil, and so forth). I wouldn't be surprised if they hired the LA VAs to reclaim their original roles as cameos. Tsubasa Chronicles is a great opportunity for this type of stuff as well as being an awesome English dub gimmick! Very Happy

True. Funi knew with FMA they would need more then what they got ,just for FMA,hmm,whoa I was kinda surprised to here Johnny,... and why does his one episode role die!? and that episode!? what onlky gonna be a few big roles for him? Vash,Kiba,etc?.. teh w/e
Rªdì¢âl_£Ð

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:46 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Advent_Nebula wrote:

Well, it wouldn't be the first time that FUNimations has used LA voice actors. They used Redshift Productions as the studio using LA VAs for Tenchi Muyo! GXP and Sakura Taisen: Sumire. In both cases, the anime had prequels licensed by Geneon using LA VAs and pretty much all the actors reprised their roles.

In all respects, FUNimations didn't have to do this at all and could have simply used their inhouse recording studio with a new cast. But as we saw, they decided to keep the dub fans happy by using the original cast. Tsubasa and XXXHOLiC will probably be treated the same.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1