• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Animation or Live Action?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alchemist449

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:50 am Reply with quote
Which do you think is the better medium for stories? They both have their positives and negatives which even them out in my mind, so I can't honestly vote for one or the other. Which do you prefer?
remember love

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:59 am Reply with quote
I can't really answer because like you said they both have the negatives and positives. To me this is like comparing apples and oranges.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
shirokiryuu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:06 am Reply with quote
it depends on the stories, there are lot of things that you can animate, but not live act...
DemonEyesLeo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:27 am Reply with quote
I'd say it depends on what you want to do with the story. The great thing about animation is that it's a space in which anything can happen and you can let your imagination go; on the other hand, with live action, it's a living world (somewhat), so it's more realistic in a way. Now that's not to say you can't create a living world in animation, it's just easier to do it in live action. So I think it comes down to which medium would best handle what you want to do with the story: if making it a live action causes it to become to heavily dependant on special effects and such, then animation is the way to go. But if you want to create a more living, breathing world then go with live action.

Generally, I prefer animation because I have an active imagination and I like to see things that are impossible in real life; but I also enjoy some good live action movies and TV.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1