• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Any Rightstuf equivalant online stores out there?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starsplash Taiwan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Basically, Im looking for another online vendor or company that does the same thing as Rightstuf does and offering the same low prices. Most importantly, must be able to ship internationally for a decent price as well. This service/company must be in the USA selling USA products as well. Im in Taiwan, so Amazon.com is out of the question since they dont ship to Taiwan. Must also as an international customer, be able to pick what address I want to ship to. please let me know. Im trying to apply for an order at rightstuf and as an international customer, they are asking for way to many financial questions that I dont feel comfortable giving out.
FaytLein

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Well, TRSI is kind of in a league of its own, since it is a distributor/licensor. Also, TRSI tends to follow the "have huge sale, get a lot of customers" plan, and most legit anime companies don't swing that way. You can try looking at RACS' shipping policy to see if they are something you can work with. They are probably one of the biggest stores out there that come close to TRSI on a decent basis.

But TRSI will still probably be cheaper, so your milage may vary.[/url]
jsc315

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Amazon really is the only other source i use to buy anime, but i find myself using them less and less for anime at least. I would say 75% of my anime i get from Rightstuf then 24% from amazon and 1% from others.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dboypr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:14 pm Reply with quote
i wish i find some store like TRSI just for the stuff that they dont have in stock, the problem with RACS is that the things that they have that become discontinued the increase their prices ridiculously instead of leaving it as the MSRP.
Starsplash Taiwan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:45 am Reply with quote
Like I said: amazon.com does not ship to Taiwan

Im just hesitant to give financial information to anyone and they are really asking it from international customers. I have to scan the front and back of my credit card and scan my billing address to. Im not sure if you domestic customers need to do that. Its just a lot of hassal and plus, for international customers, you can only ship to one location: meaning, you can choose where you want to ship if you want it shipped somewhere eles. That defeats the whole purpose of me using them since I want to pick up a shipment at the end of next month in Iowa.

I guess in the end, nowhere will be cheaper because of international shipping. Im probably going to still pay a considerable amount for shipping. I've mailed things internationally from the US to Malaysia many times. Shipping does not cost 10$ LOL. I just dont want to be screwed which is why Im hesitant.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:45 am Reply with quote
I'm not understanding the problem here.

If you want the package to go to Iowa then it would not be an international order as far as I can tell. Can't you select the Iowa address as shipping and then your address in Taiwan for billing?
Starsplash Taiwan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:58 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
I'm not understanding the problem here.

If you want the package to go to Iowa then it would not be an international order as far as I can tell. Can't you select the Iowa address as shipping and then your address in Taiwan for billing?

Thats the issue. They say they will only send to billing address. IM assuming that means, you can't choose where you want to send if you want it sent somewhere else. I guess this rule only applies to international customers. This is what Im getting from customer service. I hope Im interpreting this wrong and that you can pick and choose where you want to ship. Like I said. Im heading to Iowa at the end of next month where I want my first batch from Rightstuff to go to, but any future purchases will go to Taiwan.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1