• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gokusen Live Action TV show being shown on U.S. TV

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:01 am Reply with quote
Don't know if this really belongs in this part of the forum. Confused

Well you know that Live action TV show Gokusen that got the highest TV ratings in Japan earlier this year which broke the Live action TV show GTO record. Well it's going to be broadcast here in the U.S. well only in the L.A. area (Los Angeles) on channel 18 which usually shows Japanesse TV Drama at night. A few hours ago while watching a Japanesse TV drama they showed a promo which got me interested it had a bunch of trouble teenagers and a then a female teacher (this quickly reminded me of GTO) then the title name for the show was shown it was Gokusen.

anime#2975

Well anyways this is a heads up for anyone who lives in the L.A. area that on Oct. 16 around 9:00 P.M the show is going to start airing. BTW It's likely to be subtitled because during that timeslot those all Japanesse shows have been subtitled.

So um.. yeah anyone else lives in the L.A. area are also going to watch this?
ParaParaJMo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:12 am Reply with quote
That seems really cool. Has GTO also been shown on that channel too? I know in Hawaii they have a channel that shows J-Dorama subtitled. It's really rare nowadays to see live action from Japan get licenced though there have been western adaptions to Guyver and Fist of the North star (white guy playing a character that's supposed to be Asian?). Gokusen is one of my favorite live action adaptions and I liked it more than the anime (though I have yet to read the manga). I liked season 2 as well but I hear mixed reviews on it. Anyway, I guess this is cool.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:20 am Reply with quote
No they haven't shown GTO they've shown some other shows one was like some sort of a detective with some comedy it was pretty good lol though I've forgotten the name. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop That show was really the only one I've only watch after it finished it's run they replace it with some other shows but none of them have really interested me well till now Gokusen.
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Really old news. KSCI 18 aired the first season in 2003. It wasn't subtitled, though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:15 pm Reply with quote
They did? Well at least I'll get to watch it this time and it's likely to be subtitled.
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:21 pm Reply with quote
ZODDGUTS wrote:
No they haven't shown GTO they've shown some other shows one was like some sort of a detective with some comedy it was pretty good lol though I've forgotten the name. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop That show was really the only one I've only watch after it finished it's run they replace it with some other shows but none of them have really interested me well till now Gokusen.

Hajure Keiji? Investigator Mariko (Kasoken no Onna)?
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Hmm dunno it had an English title name. The two main characters one of them was a guy around his late twenties or early thirties and the female was around the same age too.
Lum

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:51 pm Reply with quote
You people are so lucky to get Jdrama on TV. Oh well, the rest of us just have to download it I suppose. Maybe one day companies can start licensing and releasing drama series as well. ;x I can wish.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1