• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Will there be another season for (Victorian Romance) Emma ?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keyper7

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:33 am Reply with quote
Hi, does anyone know if the (Victorian Romance) Emma will have another season? I read somewhere that it originally was planned to be 36 episodes instead of 12 that it currently is. Furthermore the series only covers the 2 first volumes of the manga (I know of at least 5 in existence, maybe even 6). If not then does anyone know exactly how many volumes the manga is and whether it is on going (and perhaps licensed? I’m not holding my breath on this though…) Thanks!
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:35 pm Reply with quote
keyper7 wrote:
Furthermore the series only covers the 2 first volumes of the manga (I know of at least 5 in existence, maybe even 6). If not then does anyone know exactly how many volumes the manga is and whether it is on going (and perhaps licensed?

Volume 6 has been released in Japan, however, no news for 2nd season.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Short answer:
Nobody knows, but don't hold your breath.

Long answer:
Originally, the anime was intended to last longer, but preproduction (and especially, background research) was unusually expensive - primarily because of the director's insistence on historical verisimilitude.
I love him for this, and if I were female, I'd want his babies.

The manga is into its 6th tankoubon, so far - and the way the story is going, it is unlikely to conclude in less than two more tankoubons, and could continue indefinitely. Mori Kaoru is raking in the dough over this one - she's hit the meidokon crowd dead center, and they're happy to fork over every last yen in their pockets, for so long as she can keep them amused. So she has no economic incentive to terminate the story.

For the same reason, I believe there is some hope of seeing a second season. I believe the economic basis for it exists, and if we can see this, chances are that so can the production companies involved.

- abunai
俺はメイドコンじゃない、そして森コン。
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
keyper7

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Ok, a little more specific, exactly on what chapter is the manga? Is it doing that well there?
(If so maybe I can expect it to be licenced at some point, yeah, again, who knows and no, I'm not gonna hold my breath or sth).
Thanks again!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1