• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ghost in the Shell song??

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ccdx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:29 am Reply with quote
Can anyone tell me the name of the song in Ghost in the Shell 2nd GIG episode 1 that plays near the end as the major shots the terrorist in the head and is falling into the city skyline?
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:35 am Reply with quote
It's I Can't Be Cool, music by Yoko Kanno, lyrics and performance by Ilaria Graziano.

Lyrics here: http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/ghostshell/cantbecool.htm.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MavvTheThief

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:03 am Reply with quote
Umm...does anyone know what song plays during the Flower Society attack with Togusa in episode 20? Its the part just before (and maybe during when) he jumps out the window and drops his gun. I think they're playing a bunch of Cellos.

I've searched nearly every soundtrack I have and I can't find any song that matches! Please, if anyone knows, will you tell me?
ccdx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:13 pm Reply with quote
thanks
Shadwhawk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:24 am Reply with quote
MavvTheThief wrote:
Umm...does anyone know what song plays during the Flower Society attack with Togusa in episode 20? Its the part just before (and maybe during when) he jumps out the window and drops his gun. I think they're playing a bunch of Cellos.

I've searched nearly every soundtrack I have and I can't find any song that matches! Please, if anyone knows, will you tell me?

It's unreleased. If we're lucky, it'll be on OST3, which comes out on the 21st.

There's too much good music in the series that isn't on a soundtrack yet.
stitches115

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:23 am Reply with quote
ghost in the shell has beautiful music, both movies and stand alone complex. i have some sort of burned ost laying around my friend got me, but if i can get my hadns on any real osts i'd be glad to buy them... but i live in a small town outside of toronto Crying or Very sad
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:27 am Reply with quote
stitches115 wrote:
ghost in the shell has beautiful music, both movies and stand alone complex. i have some sort of burned ost laying around my friend got me, but if i can get my hadns on any real osts i'd be glad to buy them... but i live in a small town outside of toronto Crying or Very sad

Well, amazon.com is no further away than your 'net access and your mailbox. Search for "ghost in the shell soundtrack", and Bob will be your uncle.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chiroptera Rex
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:16 am Reply with quote
MavvTheThief wrote:

I recently purchased GitS:SAC OSTs 2 and 3 from CD Japan. Unfortunately, the BGM that plays when the DEA attacks the Sunflower Society is not on either soundtracks.

However, since Youko Kanno is the producer of the music for GitS:SAC, it is possible that in the near future more OSTs will come out for the series. She produced quite a few OSTs for Cowboy Bebop so perhaps GitS:SAC will get a few more OSTs down the road.
AffectedAnimeAddict

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Speaking of Ghost in the Shell Songs,
What language is the song "Inner Universe"??
It definitely doesn't sound Japanese...
kacper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Inner Universe is in russian and english. That part that everybody hears differently ("earia gloris/nabalasomething") is more than likely gibberish, seeing that Gabriela Robin was one of the writers.
Chiroptera Rex
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Aeria Gloris is Latin for "glorious air". Naljubuites' is said before it and I believe that it's Russian. It means "watch in awe".
Cloe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:14 am Reply with quote
Chiroptera Rex wrote:
She produced quite a few OSTs for Cowboy Bebop so perhaps GitS:SAC will get a few more OSTs down the road.

I'm still hoping for another Wolf's Rain OST, myself. Hoping against hope, with this much time gone by. Oh well. I'm sure I have more Sousei no Aquarion to look forward to. Haven't gotten the 3rd OST yet. Is it better than OST 2? (I'm a little disappointed in that one...)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Chiroptera Rex
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:26 pm Reply with quote
You're disappointed in OST 2? I thought you liked the song "To Tell the Truth". I love the full versions of "Rise", "Living Inside the Shell" and "Get9". "Ride on Technology" has a whole Cowboy Bebop feel to it. Actually, I really like the whole soundtrack.

OST 3 contains "The End of All You Know", the song from the end of "IDOLATOR" ("To Tell the Truth" is the instrumental of it), and "Smile", the song that plays when Motoko views the Laughing Man footage in "DECOY". OST 3 is a great soundtrack as well.
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:37 am Reply with quote
Actually there are currently four OSTs for Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - OST I, II, III, and "Be Human." Seeing "Be Human" came out second in North America, could Cloe be thinking of that CD rather than the actual OST II?
Chiroptera Rex
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:44 am Reply with quote
She's referring to OST 2. Here's the comment she made about on the GITS SAC SoundTrack Question? thread.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2