• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Characters that you most relate to

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkon187

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Keiichi Morisato.~Ah! My Goddess

I have no luck whatsoever -.-;

*edit* looks down and sees forum police yikes! -.- Such a critical point of view. See I have no luck whatsoever.

I relate mostly to him (if no one has read the manga or seen the anime. He has a problem which is that everyday he tries to live normally it seems everything he does goes wrong or weird. That should suffice without spoiler :p) as if luck always goes against me in everyday encounters. Trying to start a normal day things always turns out wrong. I either forget to do something important or I leave something behind (like my homework). And it seems I cant even post properly How unlucky...

Last edited by Darkon187 on Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dagwood

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
3) Threads and topics should carry some measure of intelligence to them. Consider if what you are writing is relevant or important to others. If it does not contribute to the discussion, do not post it. Please post detailed answers to questions, lists and one-liners do not contribute.
The 'lock' monster is coming for you!

There are a few characters that come to mind. The first would be Hachirota "Hachimaki" Hoshina from Planetes. Like him I have many dreams of my own, just no immediate way of reaching them. I like to think I have a good sense of how the world works. I stick to my ideals and do what I can, even if it seems insignificant or insurmountable. I question everything and tend to bend rules I think are unnecessary. Lastly we go by our nicknames, his Hachimaki, and mine Dagwood.

I can relate to the Tachikomas in GitS:SAC. I'm a very curious person and I'll try anything once; I'm very open to new things. I want to experience and do many things (a lifetime is just to short).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dgreater1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Relates.... hehe, Misuzu from Air suddenly popped out in my mind again... anyway I was almost similar to Misuzu when I was a kid (you'd know the story if you were able to read my last topic)... I was fragile, hard to befriend, loves dinosaur, a little crybaby... but now... I don't know anymore... I've completely change and I don't even know what's going on in my own mind too... Laughing Laughing If you'll relate me to an anime character, that character would be a curious, full of secrets and surprises, a quiet type with a nasty attitude towards his close friends (maybe I'm a little bit similar to Genjo Sanzo of Gensomaden Saiyuki with a little twist to his personality, and also... I live by their style of friendship [Saiyuki style Friendship]).
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Tetsujin wrote:
I relate most to Miroku from InuYasha, except I wasn't cursed with the wind tunnel.

So......does that mean you grope women's asses?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tetsujin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:26 pm Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:
Tetsujin wrote:
I relate most to Miroku from InuYasha, except I wasn't cursed with the wind tunnel.

So......does that mean you grope women's asses?

Should I?
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Well from the way you typed it, it seemed the only difference between you and miroku was the wind tunnel. So in my opinion everything else between you and Miroku were the same
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Sir_Brass

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:15 pm Reply with quote
I'd say that I identify somewhat with Keichi Morisato from AMG!

Like him, I'm a tech geek (we both are engineering majors at engineering universities) who also is passionate about who he loves and what he loves to do in his spare time. He's sort of an outcast among the majority, but is close to those he IS friends with. That sounds ALOT like me, no luck, but somehow I am continually blessed in many small but very significant ways.
Darkon187

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Sir_Brass wrote:
I'd say that I identify somewhat with Keichi Morisato from AMG!

Like him, I'm a tech geek (we both are engineering majors at engineering universities) who also is passionate about who he loves and what he loves to do in his spare time. He's sort of an outcast among the majority, but is close to those he IS friends with. That sounds ALOT like me, no luck, but somehow I am continually blessed in many small but very significant ways.

wooot another one for morisato! YAY!

I also relate to Shikamaru from naruto as well. (I dont have a 200 iq however) I find things get troublesome all the time and that i suddenly lack the energy to finish what I was doing.
Lum

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Can't think of a character right off the top of my head that I relate to.. Though oddly enough, I related /alot/ to Lum when I was with my ex. Lol. If you can name me a geeky (though doesn't look it), perverted, outspoken anime girl than I guess that would be me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1