• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hirameki Int Group revamps their website

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frubam

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Hirameki International Group has did a complete revamp on their website It also seems that they are also trying to delve into the Anime PC games racket, as they have a downloadable trailer [which i think is Japanese audio, eng subs, but i have dialup so dling will take too long Crying or Very sad ) of Ever 17 and Ai Yori Aoshi. Based on their current track record, i'm not sure if what they say is reliable, esp. the dates of their releases, as they tend to push dates back for months, but i'm looking forward to this.

I really wish they were supported more. They released 2 excellent visual novels(VN), the action-drama assassin VN Phantom of Inferno (PoI) and the romance drama, Hourglass of Summer(HoS). They were excellent stories, but unfortunately, no one knows, or/and doesn't have the interest to try them out. Anyone who's played them could tell you how good they were, provided you like to read books. I liked them because they were long, over 40 hrs each for the titles above, and they are able to give a surprising amount of depth to most, if not all of the characters. I can't say much good about the others, though. Day of Love and Amusement Park really sucked. As far as PoI and HoS goes though, they were popular enough to warrant an Ova for each(in the same vein as Tsukihime), Natsuiro, and Phantom the Animation (which is now currently licensed by MB).

It said on their website that they were at Anime Expo and Comicon, but there were no reports about them(were they even there?). That's just sad. In any case, their future appearances will be
8/19/2005-8/21/2005 Otakon
9/23/2005-9/25/2005 Anime Atlanta
so maybe, if they are lucky, someone will actually get a glimpse of what more they can offer... if it's any good.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:26 pm Reply with quote
They didn't hold panels at the cons... but they had dealer room pressence...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1