• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Burst Angel/Bakuretsu Manga

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Preston

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know where to obtain it? It is only in Japanease but I would still like to purchase it yet dont really know where to look. It is refered to as Bakuretsu Tenshi, Burst Angel and BakuTen. Since I am greatly enjoying the anime I have heard that the manga makes the experience much more worth while, and I guess I can struggle along using a scanlation and looking at the pictures. Thanks.
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:10 pm Reply with quote
No clue, but you do know that an OVA is comming that will give us closure, and the same ending that the Manga has?

Edit: wrong word.

Last edited by Advent_Nebula on Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Preston

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:04 am Reply with quote
Advent_Nebula wrote:
No clue, but you do know that an OVA is comming that will give us closure, and the same ending that the Anime has?

Apparently the Novels and Manga cover far more than the anime did and particular characters are.. well.. different. Yes I did know there was an OVA comming out, but what is the actual definition of a 'closure' I could make at least two guesses but I would like the correct meaning?
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:25 am Reply with quote
Well I also think that the Baku Ten Manga came out at the same time the Anime did, so it would be an adaptation like the Kiddy Grade manga was.
Preston

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:41 am Reply with quote
Advent_Nebula wrote:
Well I also think that the Baku Ten Manga came out at the same time the Anime did, so it would be an adaptation like the Kiddy Grade manga was.

I thought the anime was based upon the manga, but the people doing the anime modified it to make it more.. normal.

I'll put it a little more obviously here: what is a closure? The end of a series?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:32 pm Reply with quote
They have two volumes at Yes Asia

http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/pid-1003759004/
http://global.yesasia.com/en/prdTransfer.aspx/pid-1003987714/

The subject has come up on the Funimation forums if you want to take a look, but since FUNi don't do manga the chances of a translation are slim.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Like I though, the Manga was addapted from the Anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1