• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
MUST SEE ANIME

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
koganei

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:41 am Reply with quote
Which anime do you think you should defintely see?
midikarma

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:07 am Reply with quote
aha'...
i think e MUST SEE ANIME r :-

FLCL

The Place Promiced In Our Early Days

GundamSeed Series
Sicarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:12 am Reply with quote
Ohhh this is hard to decide but I would say Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, Ghost in the Shell (movies and series), and Fullmetal Alchemist.
Super Arrow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:30 am Reply with quote
totalgeek

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:01 am Reply with quote
I think you should definitely see Witch Hunter Robin or Wolf's Rain.

To be honest, I'd watch Wolf's Rain before I watched Witch Hunter Robin. Not because they are related in any way (which they aren't), but because Wolf's Rain is a better series in my opinion. It is alot more emotional than Witch Hunter Robin, at any rate.
i_luv_manga/anime

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:37 pm Reply with quote
well, it depends on the type of person you are. but since i don't know who you are, i can recommend Fruits Basket, cause it's funny and emotional. it's an anime which would suit almost everyone. also, gundam SEED. even if u don't like killing, action and war, like me, u should still like this series. it's very emotional if u know how to get into it and even the fighting and killing will teach u sthg. in this series, u'll also be able to get to know the characters, if u try causee of their growth throughout the series. Very Happy hope u enjoy!
Tetsujin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Maybe it's because I don't know any better, maybe it's because I'm not ready to spend money on anime, maybe it's because my supply is limited....

For me at this time, InuYasha is must-see. Recently I got caught up with the earlier episodes, and it all makes sense to me now. At first my impressions of the series were along the lines of "What the hell is this??" However, as I began to realize what was hapepning and who the characters were and how they related to each other I began to appreciate the series. It's one of the few series where I give a damn about the characters, and that counts for something.

Although I do my best no to miss any episodes of the current crop of anime I catch on Adult Swim, I watch them mainly to see them from start to finish. Some anime series grew on me more than others, but in all cases I just want to feel satisfied that I've seen all episodes. Only InuYasha captured my interest to the point where I go out of my way to watch even repeats.

I like Trigun, Fullmetal Alchemist,Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Samurai Champloo, and Paranoia Agent. Cowboy Bebop, Big O, Witch Hunter Robin, Hellsing, and s-CRY-ed are OK. None of these series, though, has my attention like InuYasha.
theowner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:18 pm Reply with quote
grave of the fireflies
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Guys, read Teh Rules and the new moderation policy.

Teh Rules wrote:
3) Threads and topics should carry some measure of intelligence to them. Consider if what you are writing is relevant or important to others. If it does not contribute to the discussion, do not post it. Please post detailed answers to questions, lists do not contribute.

To be honest, an all-caps thread subject title almost always guarantee a list thread with minimal intelligent discussions. Rolling Eyes

To koganei: there are several favorite and/or recommendation threads on this forum already; please read and use them wisely. If you need some tailor-made recommendations, please give the rest of ANN users about your personal taste and what you have watched as detailed as possible. A question like this won't get you anywhere. Plus, how can someone know an anime "should be seen by him/herself?" Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1