• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
VIZ Media Has MAR Anime?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laruto

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:21 pm Reply with quote
I'll be heading out to the International Licensing show of 2005 this week but I was wondering if any of the companies that I like would be attending the event. While visiting the webpage of the show I went to the Exhibit page saw Viz media; I clicked it and came upon the Description article below; Madybe I'm reading it wrong but what do you think?

BOOTH NUMBERS: 4701

Company Description
VIZ Media(ShoPro Entertainment) will feature Naruto, Zatch Bell!, Deko Boko Friends, Megaman, Inuyasha, Sonic X, Shonen JUMP, Shojo BEAT, Mirmo,MAR, Hikaru no Go and more. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, VIZ, LLC and ShoPro Entertainment, Inc. recently merged to form VIZ Media, LLC (VIZ Media), one of the most comprehensive and innovative companies in the field of manga publishing, animation and entertainment licensing of Japanese content. Owned by three of Japan's largest creators and licensors of manga and animation, Shueisha Inc., Shogakukan Inc., and Shogakukan Production Co., Ltd. (ShoPro Japan), VIZ Media is a leader in the publishing and distribution of Japanese manga for English speaking audiences in North America and a global licensor of Japanese animation. The company offers an integrated product line including, magazines such as SHONEN JUMP and SHOJO BEAT, graphic novels, videos, DVDs, audio soundtracks and develops and markets animated entertainment from initial production, television placement and distribution, to merchandise licensing and promotions for audiences and consumers of all ages.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product Category
Entertainment / Personalities
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Given Viz's typical way of announcing anime series, it's entirely possible they have it. Then again, they have the manga, so they may be featuring that. It's rather ambiguous at best since they handle both anime and manga.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1