• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Nodame Cantibile Readers: PLEASE HELP ME

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
apple pro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Hi all, please help me answer this question:

In Nodame Cantibile, when Nodame first finds Shinichi lying outside her apartment... did she bring him in and have sex?

I read this book twice and realized that they may have done it but it was hard to tell because Nodame is so goofy. Perhaps it was in the translation/culture too but when I read it a second time I noticed some things.

1. Saiko denies him her "company", setting the mood for his "needs"
2. Nodame takes off his belt. (is this meant to signify sex or comic effect?)
3. The book is rated OT 16+ (this book is completely harmless, unless they had sex. then it explains this rating.)

I was just wondering because it changes this book significantly. I really like this book. Thanks all.
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:22 pm Reply with quote
I really don't think so. It would go against Nodame's character to take advantage of someone like that. It was probobly put in for the sake of humor (unfortunatally Del Rey did a subpar adaptation so it occasionally difficult to understand the humor). As for the rating, I don't really agree with it. While there is some mild innuendo, thats about as graphic as it got. I think that the rating was more of an intended age range, as NC does strike me as something aimed at mid to older teens.
apple pro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:19 pm Reply with quote
OK, i agree with you on Nodame's character...

but why did she blow/breathe on his face erotically? (it was not comedic, so i assume it was sensual in nature)

and why did she ask him "do you remember what we did last night"? (this may have been a joke)

anybody else have any ideas?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1