• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Howl Sneak Preview

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freshkazuki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:08 pm Reply with quote
I attended the preview showing of Howl's Moving Castle last night in Houston. It was a full house of all ages. The audience started clapping as soon as the Studio Ghibli logo popped up on the screen. I'm not a fan of dubs and I thought it would bother me, and it did at first. But then the marvelous voice acting took over, along with the visuals, and then the nationality of the movie no longer mattered. This film transcends such classifications. I think in some parts it kinda dragged but overall, I would rank Howl as one of the finest anime I have ever seen. It's a shame that American animators cannot inject some soul into their films. Ironically, I saw Batman Begins, also starring Christian Bale, today on the same screen as the preview last night, and they hadn't cleaned so there were still Howl tickets lying on the ground with other rubbish. Great movie!
I think I'll take the dub on this one.
msi435

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:51 am Reply with quote
I couldn't agree with you more! Anime smallmouth
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1