• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Devilman live action = Lame *spoiler*

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vietdunker

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 1:16 am Reply with quote
I love the computer generated art but the actors are horrible and their acting is quite lame.

First of all the main character of this movie has a body that says "Please hit the gym". The actor ruined my taste of Devil man manga and anime at the same time.

Second: Boy what horrible actings! They make this great serie into a lame "Power Ranger" type. (point his elbow forward while running plus the body that any man would be embarrased to have)

Oh yeah! The most irritating crap about this movie is mis-pronunciation like "demon". The way they pronouce it it is one of a kind, even the British doesn't pronouce demon like they do.
DKL

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 3:19 am Reply with quote
wasn't this voted worst movie of the year *along with Casshern*

in the Japanese Razzies or something?
Aokage

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 5:00 am Reply with quote
I still would love to see this movie, but no place around me has it for rent or sale. I'm a fan of this anime (which if I could tolerate the terrible dub job that manga did for that...i'm sure I can endure this movie). As for runing your taste for the manga...i'd sadly say that one should dismiss the older Go Nagai work and focus on the newer stuff he did for a Devil Man manga that was released a few years back. It included short stories about Devil Man or in the Devil Man universe. Some stories were by Go Nagai and others were not. Also...Devilman:The Dark Side of Amon...best version of the manga that there is (Amon Apocalypse draws heavily from this). I'd suggest checking that out. The artwork is gorgeous and the storyline is startling...
vietdunker

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 8:50 pm Reply with quote
You can download the movie at the "box" site but I suggest that you avoid this movie at ALL costs. It's horrible. I've never experienced such a bad movie that ruined both anime and manga at the same time.
spider-moose

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:55 pm Reply with quote
I'm a huge devilman fan and yes the movie is very much terrible

it had a chance to be very cool but got ruined by a low budget and a PG rating and very terrible acting!

WHERE THE HELL WAS SATAN'S BOOBIES AND PEE PEE?! lol anyways

I was hoping for Pyscho Jenny to be in it Sad

but all it was everyone's favorite moments in Devilman all put into one cheap ass movie

Casshern was very much terrible too but at least had better fights and acting and SFXs haha but the story ruined it
I'm a huge fan of the Tatsunoko Superheroes and Casshan being one of my favorite along with Tekkaman and Hurricane Polymar, but on one upside of the movie, the actor from Kamen Rider Agito TV series was at least in the movie haha Smile

and skip Cutie Honey while your at it, another terrible movie, but a Step above Devilman at least

*heres hoping that the Tetsujin 28 movie is good*

if they make a Mazinger Z movie or Getter Robo, they better not mess it up!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1