• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
looking for anime/manga artists

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
katsu87

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:19 am Reply with quote
hey to whoever is reading.

i'm an anime fan, looking to start his own anime production company, Unfortunately, my drawing skills aren't quite up to the level they need to be.

but I believe amongst my vast imagination, with all the many characters, worlds, weapons, relationships, powers and over all stories I've created that I have something good enough to take it's place amongst the best of them.

I'm looking for some talented artists to help me take the next step and start turning a story, into the manga/anime it should be.

I have a few drafts of the early chapters of each of my story for anyone who would like to read them, even if you're not interested in drawing for me.

the main story ideas:
eterna - a very shonen-influenced story about a young boy watches as his father is killed and his home is destroyed, while trying to learn to use the power trapped within him.

caliber-x - an asteroid collides with earth leaving a dark cloud to drain the energy from it, leaving the human race no choice but to create a new energy source and find a way to rid the planet of it's curse.

I also have various rough designs of most characters.
that just need tidying.

keen to hear back from anyone.
thanks.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:37 pm Reply with quote
You may find luck if you ask around a forum in which self-proclaimed manga artists are found. An internet search for "manga artist forum", without quotation marks, shall direct you to potential haunts.

Whilst one can state quite confidently that your chances of attaining the same level of success as the director of Tekkonkinreet are low, there may perhaps be an artist who'd be willing to turn one of your stories into a graphic novel for the right price.

One must note, however, that people with the same desires as yourself are quite commonplace. This recent article is a worthy read on the matter.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
katsu87

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:41 pm Reply with quote
I may have said that my story is great, but if you don't believe in your own work, then there is no point even trying. never say never.

I understand perfectly that my actual chances of getting big with my story are unlikely, but that won't throw me off course. I've put too much work into the stories and characters to just give up.

I'm hoping that I find like-minded people like me, who are in it for the love of doing what I'm doing and just give it a shot, if i didn't try i'd be disappointed forever.

the link you sent me didn't work, maybe it's just my comp -_-'
oldsquash

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:04 pm Reply with quote
How is progress comming along.
Lemonflavourtofu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:17 pm Reply with quote
nice.

I'm interested in being an mangaka for the eterna, but cyould you give me more info about it? And also, do you have an age limit you prefer?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1