• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Wolf's Rain OST 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dead_Leaves

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:00 pm Reply with quote
I've just about given up on waiting for news...should i just order the Japanese OST 2 or will there be U.S. release like the first OST? News, release dates, etc. will be much appreicated, cause i've waited for quite a while now and have not seen it anywhere but the Japanese version!

THanks for any help!
Cloe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:56 pm Reply with quote
I haven't found any information, but you might want to try going here and asking Bandai Entertainment themselves whether or not there are plans to release Wolf's Rain OST 2 in the near future. I'm pretty confident that a stateside release of the soundtrack is inevitable, but it's better to ask them than me. Hope that helps! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Angel Of Death

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:59 pm Reply with quote
I'm also waiting for an American release but I'm losing patience fast. I might just import.
.Sy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:36 pm Reply with quote
You could always import, I don't see why not. Is it because of the lyrics? You could always get them from animelyrics.com or google it. Imports are at a good price online. I ordered two soundtracks from animecastle.com without an problems for $9.99. 'Course you can go to $8.00 on other sites.
Cloe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:47 pm Reply with quote
.Sy wrote:
You could always import, I don't see why not. Is it because of the lyrics? You could always get them from animelyrics.com or google it. Imports are at a good price online. I ordered two soundtracks from animecastle.com without an problems for $9.99. 'Course you can go to $8.00 on other sites.

It's better not to import because imports are expensive, usually around $30. (And I buy them anyway... my bank account hates me... Anime cry) Domestic prices are around $15. I'm willing to bet anything that those 2 "imports" you bought were bootleg CDs. Of course, nobody can stop you from buying cheap bootleg CDs, but you'll have to recognize that you're stealing from the people who worked so hard to produce that music in the first place.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
.Sy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Those were bootlegs?... Embarassed
Cloe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:29 pm Reply with quote
.Sy wrote:
Those were bootlegs?... Embarassed

Probably. It's not your fault if you didn't know, though. My first copy of the Kare Kano OST was a bootleg, actually, 'cause I had no idea how to look out for them. Look at the name of the publisher on the back of your CD. If it says Miya, Ever Anime, SonMay, Smile Face, or Alion (or another bootlegger I have forgotten or may not be aware of) then your copy's not legit. Sad

This site is pretty helpful in learning how to spot bootlegs. Also, just look out for ridiculously cheap prices. +$30=legit; -$10=probably fake (unless you're super duper lucky.)
darkhunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Legit Wolf's Rain OST2.

yeah, a lot of bootleg ost floating around the internet for around 10 dollar, just like there's a lot of hk anime bootleg.
Kourin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Yeah...I was another one that had to learn the hardway about bootleg cds so don't beat yourself up about it .Sy . That's the main reason why I buy most of my anime goodies from AnimeNation. They're one of the few anime websites on the internet that you can actually trust <_< .
omnistry

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:31 pm Reply with quote
I wrote once to Bandai about it. It was supposed to come out last fall; but never did. I asked them about it again; but I have yet to hear from them back.
Angel Of Death

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:05 pm Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:
I wrote once to Bandai about it. It was supposed to come out last fall; but never did. I asked them about it again; but I have yet to hear from them back.

Well, that really sucks. They're not being consistent at all.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Angel Of Death wrote:
omnistry wrote:

Well, that really sucks. They're not being consistent at all.

Soundtrack isn't one of Bandai's thing.
They simply don't release ost by themselves.
Cloe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:53 pm Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:
Soundtrack isn't one of Bandai's thing.
They simply don't release ost by themselves.

Actually, Bandai published the first Wolf's Rain CD in the US. I'm not sure who else to contact to find out information about the 2nd one.
Angel Of Death

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:11 pm Reply with quote
I e-mailed them a few days ago and it said they believe they have the license to it but haven't made any announcement for it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1