• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your current thoughts on all Toei R1 releases

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Based on what reviews I've seen with Interlude and Airmaster on AnimeonDVD, Toei's releases are simply a piece of crap, and Toei didn't care or didn't even research the market as to what people want.

Who has bought a Toei R1 DVD release? Did you hate it or like it?

I want to buy both Interlude and Airmaster, but this level of incompetence in these releases are holding me back on buying them.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Nobody has any thoughts?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:21 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
Nobody has any thoughts?

Any idea where I can download Interlude?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Laughing

Good response. Luckily I already got Interlude before it got licensed. It's pretty screwed up, but I don't think I want to watch it again. Neutral
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Well, I downloaded it once, and really liked it. However, due to lack of harddrive space (and hey, it was announced like, the day after I saw it, so I figured I'd be picking it up pretty soon on DVD anyway) I deleted it.

But since Toei's trying to force us to eat shit and buy a deliberately & fundementally defective product, I don't think I should have to give them any money for ruining the North American debut of such a fine show. Don't think for a second that my asking for fansub torrents was a joke; I'm very serious.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Why do you think Toei is doing this?

As the old adage that was mention on here goes: Nobody ruins a new release like the Japanese. (or how was it again?)
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:21 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
Why do you think Toei is doing this?

As the old adage that was mention on here goes: Nobody ruins a new release like the Japanese. (or how was it again?)

"no one can screw up a release like the Japanese can".

I'm guessing they looked into things differently and didn't comprehend what made these sorts of releases work, ontop of the somewhat dsifferent fandom they were dealing with (east vs. West). Ontop of that, I'm guessing they were just cheapskates about it. It happens Smile
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:27 pm Reply with quote
it's a warning: they're trying to save you from watching Air Master. TURN BACK NOW! Wink

Last edited by v1cious on Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:38 pm Reply with quote
I thought AirMaster was pretty good.
Captain Crotchspike

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Air Master is good, it's just that it ended much too abruptly. Still, I would've bought it if it weren't for...this. In fact, I'm still thinking of buying it anyway, just because it's Air Master.

Any word on how good the dub is? I've heard they don't list the dub actors, which makes this a little harder.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:40 am Reply with quote
Captain Crotchspike wrote:
In fact, I'm still thinking of buying it anyway, just because it's Air Master.

Giving them money for damaged goods makes them think damaged goods are acceptable. I wouldn't if I were you.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:03 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
In fact, I'm still thinking of buying it anyway, just because it's Air Master.

Giving them money for damaged goods makes them think damaged goods are acceptable. I wouldn't if I were you.

He's right you know. I'm not buying any Toei releases until they clean up their act and release proper R1 DVDs.
ChrisBeveridge

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Any word on how good the dub is? I've heard they don't list the dub actors, which makes this a little harder.

Actually, they list the dub actors on the back cover.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1