• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Where can I get "Brother, Dear Brother"?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MasterFuu

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:55 am Reply with quote
Hello fellow anime fans. Cool After watching the first episode of this anime I am interested for more. I have been looking for "Brother, Dear Brother" but could not find it anywhere for sale. Does anyone have a clue where to buy this very rare anime?

Thank you,

Fuu

PS: This is what Im talking about just in case:

http://animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=1149
Guilhem

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:25 am Reply with quote
The only edition I'm aware of is in french: let me know if you want more infos Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MasterFuu

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:47 pm Reply with quote
French? Crying or Very sad

So there is no Japanese DVD with english subtitles somewhere? I watched first episode DVD rip with english subtitles. I think it was fansub material. How can it be that there isnt a DVD to buy or even VHS ? It's confusing me... Rolling Eyes Hard to imagine but can it be that the rest of the episodes suck and nobody cared? Question
Guilhem

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Well, this may be the reason: Ryoko Ikeda's work isn't very popular in the USA, I'm afraid of... Rose of Versailles isn't available either, though it had some success in Europe a while back, like Brother, Dear Brother a few years ago...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1