• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New to this! [difference between anime/manga?]

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
excel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Hey guy's just wanted to say hi since I was new here. Actually I'm new to all this anime/manga..so I have a few questions.

What's the difference between Anime/Manga? I'm 26 now and was wondering which series either anmie or manga should I read to get started?

What are the popular anime or manga's right now?

Thanks guys..hope to hear from you soon!

[edit - subject changed to reflect post content -b]
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Welcome. This topic doesn't really belong in the Encyclopedia forum. You should post it in the Anime forum (which doubles as our general forum).

I'm not sure what you mean by the difference between anime and manga. Do you mean you don't know the definitions? If so, anime is animated works (cartoons) made in Japan. (that's what the term means outside of Japan at least, inside of Japan anything that is animated is anime.) Manga are graphic novels.
ryokoalways

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:14 am Reply with quote
Anime and manga can pretty much go hand in hand.

Most anime are from manga adaptations. There are some that are reverse of course, such as Evangelion and Tenchi Muyo.

It will help to know which genre you like. It is always better to start out with something you like, then try to expand your interest.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1