• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
A Week! You have to wait a week! Why do they tortue us!?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jadedasian13

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:29 am Reply with quote
nvm

Last edited by jadedasian13 on Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:38 am Reply with quote
O...k... So let's see. You're downloading episodes of a licensed series. Not really cool, but if you're gonna do it, you're gonna do it . But, then you complain that you have to wait to get what you are seeing for free? On top of that, the show airs weekly, so of course you will have to wait.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:25 am Reply with quote
You sign up just to b!tch about this? You're just stealing the show and you're saying that they don't produce the episode faster so you can steal more. Pathetic. The fact that you're downloading it for free and then whine about how they're not making it fast enough for you to see it just show what a dickhead you are to the community. The only other people that would agree with you are other dickhead. Do you even know how much time it takes to produce an episode? Have you ever sat back and thought that to yourself? Do you bother thinking at all?

Lock thread please.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:35 am Reply with quote
wow the first non flame post.

Well you see its airing on tv once a week so when the tv network decided to air a tv special or something else it gets preempted.

but from the past they do air 1 hour specials the week after it gets bumped to make up for it not airing the week before.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:49 am Reply with quote
cyrax777 wrote:

I flamed? Where? *goes to look*
cyrax777

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:56 am Reply with quote
Kazuki-san wrote:
cyrax777 wrote:

I flamed? Where? *goes to look*
oops didn't see your post sorry.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
GreatGlistener

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:03 am Reply with quote
Quote:
[edit - out of sheer morbid curiosity as to how this thread will turn out, I'm leaving it open. Normally it'd be locked. -b]

Remember, curiosity killed the cat.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:22 am Reply with quote
GreatGlistener wrote:
Quote:
[edit - out of sheer morbid curiosity as to how this thread will turn out, I'm leaving it open. Normally it'd be locked. -b]

I think we should start a ANN betting pool on threads regarding fansubs.

We can have bets based on how many posts of each kind of reply, page count,etc
such as:

"well Anime costs so damn much"
"I download and buy"
"Buy the r2"
"comparison of r2 and r1 price"
"welll i just buy from *random bootleg site"
""its on tv in japan so I should be able to ...."
"I only watch CN"
"I rent from xxx"
etc etc
matticans

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:30 am Reply with quote
Have you thought about actual licensed DVDs in the US. We have to wait a month, sometimes two, just for one DVD that has 4 episodes. How many weeks are in a month? Like four. If you do the math that is like one episode a week, except you don't have to wait an entire month. So stop complaining. And I totally forgot about Gantz, two eps per disc, so it is like 1 episode every two weeks. GOSH Rolling Eyes While you are downloading and complainging about a "licensed" anime, a lot of other people are having to wait months for the first DVD of Naruto to come out.
jadedasian13

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:51 pm Reply with quote
okay, sry, I meant that it sucks, how you always have to wait for something! like, I have to wait til summer to go see Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children out in theaters! okay, waiting sucks, although I do have patience. It's justthe fact that waiting, really bites! Hmm, I suppose some of you replyers are like "flaming" or whatever it is! and well, this post wasn't meant to flame on me, it was just to agree about how waiting for a new episode of a show really sucks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Waiting is a huge part of life, no matter what you are talking about. Yes, you have to wait for new episodes to come out on fansubs, air on TV, or be released to DVD. You also have to wait until you are old enough to drive, wait till you are older (in most cases) to get a really well paying job, wait in line to see a movie that just came out, wait in rush hour traffic, etc. Like someone once told me, "Patience is key, but patience SUCKS." It's not always easy to be patient, but, honestly, you don't have much of a choice but what to wait, so there's no sense getting frustrated or anything over it.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:21 pm Reply with quote
GreatGlistener wrote:
Quote:

Then I guess I'd better lock this before I keel over and die. Wink
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1