• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
International Channel has made a format change

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emory

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:55 pm Reply with quote
They've flipped to an all-asian network, with the worst possible name: AZN Television.

http://www.azntv.com/home.asp

And they're totally AZN style. Complete with tiny rapper looking Asian guy who thinks he's all that.

Oh, and they're airing some anime movies too. Coming up is Darkside Blues, the Yu Yu Hakusho movie, Odin, Wrath of Ninja, and Roujin Z.
Cloe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:01 pm Reply with quote
emory wrote:
They've flipped to an all-asian network, with the worst possible name: AZN Television.

Kinda reminds me of a posh restaraunt near my apartment called "Azia." Rolling Eyes I'll take the cheap noodle shop across the street any day.

The programming looks kind of fun, though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
luhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Awww...I used to watch the French and Russian movies they showed on there. Oh, well.
one3rd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Cloe wrote:
emory wrote:

Kinda reminds me of a posh restaraunt near my apartment called "Azia." Rolling Eyes I'll take the cheap noodle shop across the street any day.

The programming looks kind of fun, though.

Where in Minneapolis is that?
guyverfanboy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:40 pm Reply with quote
As long as they play anime, it's all good. Smile
Captain Crotchspike

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Oh God. Putting up with all the kids running around these days with screennames like "ssjAZNboi11" is hard enough. And I loved the weird French movies they used to show! Such a shame.

I suppose more anime is a good thing, but..still, icky.
Cloe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:22 pm Reply with quote
one3rd wrote:

It's on Eat Street in the Whittier neighborhood (the corner of Nicollet Ave. and 26th St, for those unfamiliar with the area). It sticks out like a sore thumb, conisdering all the family-owned, authentic (and cheap!) Korean, Vietnamese, Persian, Thai, Cantonese, Ethiopian, and Greek restaurants surrounding it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
tomcat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:16 pm Reply with quote
I caught the new anime bloc last night and I was surprised to find that ANZ was running Record of Lodoss War-Chronicle of the Heroic Kinght!!! I was expecting ANZ to air just RoLW ( because it was listed as such).
Also I saw one of the funnest shows ever in Descendants of Darkness, to my un-P.C. mind who laughs at shows like Will and Grace and not with!! It was one long laugh-along.
one3rd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Cloe wrote:
one3rd wrote:

It's on Eat Street in the Whittier neighborhood (the corner of Nicollet Ave. and 26th St, for those unfamiliar with the area). It sticks out like a sore thumb, conisdering all the family-owned, authentic (and cheap!) Korean, Vietnamese, Persian, Thai, Cantonese, Ethiopian, and Greek restaurants surrounding it.

Heh. Nicollet & 26th doesn't help me much either, although it gives me somewhat of an idea of where I'd go if I were looking for it. I don't venture into Minneapolis very often.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1