• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Noiseman Sound Insect

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cloe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:44 pm Reply with quote
This title caught my eye a while ago and I've been searching desperately and practically everywhere to buy it. If anybody could point me in any direction at all where to look, I'd be eternally grateful. I've only seen 40 seconds of it and I'm dying to see the rest! Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Tiresias

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:28 am Reply with quote
Well, if you're looking here in the States, good luck. It hasn't been licensed over here, and as such you won't find it in any store. I did a quick search on Amazon Japan and found nothing. With it's age, I doubt you'll ever find it unless by some miracle it get's picked up and released. Sorry.
Cloe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:13 am Reply with quote
Guess I'll have to live without it.

Thanks anyway! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:08 am Reply with quote
Tiresias wrote:
With it's age, I doubt you'll ever find it unless by some miracle it get's picked up and released. Sorry.

It's not that old; according to Studio Ghibli's Anime Style site, its DVD was released on 2003-12-05 in Japan, exclusively on Lawson Loppi. Yet, the link provided to Loppi is dead, and it can't be found on Lawson or any other commercial websites other than auction sites. The original price was 6800 Yen, but I found one auction started with 29800. Shocked

Here has other merchandise, like a T-shirt, that became available on the same day of DVD release, but the DVD itself is not available. The DVD of Eternal Family is in low quantity as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Tiresias

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:11 pm Reply with quote
I was looking at the Encyclopedia and only saw it was Vintage 1997, didn't see that the DVD had been released in Japan in 2003.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:38 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
The DVD of Eternal Family is in low quantity as well.

Well, Studio 4C has its own shop, which stocks the Eternal Family DVD - and cels from Noiseman.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cloe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Oh, wow! This is great. I may not be able to own Noiseman on DVD, but I'll console myself with Eternal Family. And a T-shirt. And listen to "Trees Make Seeds" over and over. Smile

Thank you dormcat and abunai!
jfrog

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:34 pm Reply with quote
abunai wrote:
Well, Studio 4C has its own shop, which stocks the Eternal Family DVD - and cels from Noiseman.

We are not worthy of being in abunai's presence. He is able to navigate Beyond C! And no, that's not sarcasm. OK, the store is the easiest part to find, but that website still scares me sometimes.

Still need to buy Eternal Family on DVD...and the 0range artbook...god I'm such a sucker for Koji Morimoto, probably a good thing I can never afford any of that stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:59 pm Reply with quote
jfrog wrote:
We are not worthy of being in abunai's presence.

I checked with my court protocol officer, and it's okay for you to be in my presence, provided you perform the proskynesis upon entering and leaving the room, and always refer to me in the third person elevated mode. Wink

jfrog wrote:
He is able to navigate Beyond C! And no, that's not sarcasm. OK, the store is the easiest part to find, but that website still scares me sometimes.

"Today, we're stalking the elusive Japanese anime studio website.... Oh, there's a big one now. Crikey! Look at the size of the DVD backlog on that one!"

Seriously, though, you'll be all right, so long as you don't let it smell your fear.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1