• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: 2ch Forum's Saimoe Tournament 2010 Finals, Groups A-D

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Nadeko has been beaten. Yui has been avenged.

I swear though, if this tournament comes down to Mikoto and Mio...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:28 pm Reply with quote
So Kugimiya lolis and Saki characters are the first four into the finals.

Funny enough, Tacos, who is a Kugimiya loli and a Saki character, got totally slaughtered by boobs.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
So Kugimiya lolis and Saki characters are the first four into the finals.

Funny enough, Tacos, who is a Kugimiya loli and a Saki character, got totally slaughtered by boobs.

Granted it is not one of Rie's tsundere loli roles which may have some effect to it.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:09 pm Reply with quote
SonicRenegade84 wrote:
Nadeko has been beaten. Yui has been avenged.

I swear though, if this tournament comes down to Mikoto and Mio...

It can't. They're in the same final block groups...with Azusa thrown in the mix. Considering that 2ch supports Azunyan more than Mio at the moment, there will be some massive splits in Block G. Chances are BiriBiri will win though which is disappointing as Azunyan will never be be able to show her full potential. She hasn't been able to since the beginning of the main tournament.

Quote:

Plans within plans I tell you. Funny to see that all 4 contestants are those who have already been in the quarterfinals before
Nagi (Runner-up 2007)
Koromo (Top 8 2009)
Nodoka (Semi-finalist 2009)
Shana (Top 8 2006)

Out of those remaining, only Fate in Block H hasn't returned. As much as I love Saten, Fate > Saten any day. Block F will be an interesting match. We have Mafuyu who has taken out Hinagiku and Saki, both of which have been ridiculously strong characters and she made it pass them as if it was nothing. If she gets Yui, the only thing that could possibly stop her is Tenshi I think.

As for the Saimoe "prophecy," I believe it still holds true considering Shana has made it into top 8 once again. Shana held the most votes in the prelims and from the past trends, those who hold the most have always made it into the top 8.

Votes:
spoiler[E: Tenshi
F: Yui
G: Azunyan
H: Fate]

Predictions:
spoiler[E: Tenshi
F: Yui
G: BiriBiri
H: Saten]
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Fate, Nanoha, Shana, Nagi are Saimoe's favorite characters.
They either won it or up there every year.
Running Wild

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:56 pm Reply with quote
None of these animu girls are even good looking. They all have the same damn face for christ sakes. What do people see in these characters over way more cooler, older, badass, and sexy women in anime with far more interesting personalities and more original/unique character designs? Seriously...

Granted I also have no idea who these characters are let alone ever heard of these anime, but still... these girls look boring and totally unappealing to me. I don't understand why someone would organize a tournament for something like this. Confused
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Running Wild wrote:
None of these animu girls are even good looking. They all have the same damn face for christ sakes. What do people see in these characters over way more cooler, older, badass, and sexy women in anime with far more interesting personalities and more original/unique character designs? Seriously...

Granted I also have no idea who these characters are let alone ever heard of these anime, but still... these girls look boring and totally unappealing to me. I don't understand why someone would organize a tournament for something like this. Confused

it's about Moe, not about good looking and some people like their personalities in the anime. Like Shana just shout "Urusai Urusai Urusai" is cute to them.
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Running Wild wrote:

Sometimes, I think the same way too (but that's mostly because my favorite character from a show in general gets knocked off and I go table flip on the tourny itself Razz)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cloud668

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Kurimo Sakurano - Seitokai no Ichizon - 239

Should be Kurimu instead.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1