• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What is School Rumble's future in NA?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
caleb-kun89sw

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Hello. I was just wondering what are the odds of School Rumble being finished in North America? I know del rey translated and published the first 16 volumes in english, falling short of all 22, but I heard they stopped publishing them. Is there a chance someone will pick up where they left off and if not, where could I read the last volumes in english? Thanks!
EricDent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:31 pm Reply with quote
I would guess they stopped selling well, so they condensed the last 3 (through 16) into an omnibus.

Not sure if it's kosher to ask about manga online, due to all the scantilation type sites.

Personally I kind of gave up on the manga, since the anime pretty much covered everything a lot better.
holangjai

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Well Del Rey release that 14-16 omnibus because their contract with Kodansha was going to end, and I think that was there last ditch effort to make some money from the series with whatever they had already worked on.

As far as it continuing, only Kodansha knows because at this point, the license has reverted back to them. Maybe if you write a compelling plea for it's return, they might continue where Del Rey left off.
Touma

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:52 am Reply with quote
EricDent wrote:
Personally I kind of gave up on the manga, since the anime pretty much covered everything a lot better.

I like the anime and manga about equally. Unfortunately the anime stopped after the first chapter or two of volume 14, unless you managed to get the two episodes that were released as bonus items with the last two volumes of the manga. The chance that more anime will be made seems to be just about zero.

Things were getting very interesting in volume 16 and I would really love to read the rest of the story.
If there are only six more volumes I would be willing to commit to buying all six of them if somebody would translate and publish them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
-Ushio-

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:42 pm Reply with quote
It looks like its chances are gone which is a real shame. It wasn't my most favourite series ever, but after coming so far with it would certainly pick up the rest were Kodansha to give it a chance.
population_tire

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:33 pm Reply with quote
It's so funny though.
marvinting

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:46 pm Reply with quote
I think it is so incredible
Fotuvahlok

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:35 pm Reply with quote
First time poster, long time lurker.

I found something interesting just now. It's in Japanese

http://www.bookclub.kodansha.co.jp/bc2_bc/search_view.jsp?b=3750523

And the publish date is 2012/05/30

Thoughts?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1