• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Theme for animation festival.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdahan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to start a cartoon/animation festival in Montreal and of course I need some anime content. The problem is, I have no idea what to show? I am looking for a theme in which I can showcase 4 anime movies under. For example: one theme I am planing is animated musicals in which I will show Yellow Submarine, South Park the Movie, Nightmare Before Christmas and Disney's Aladin.

I was wondering if you guys can help me out with possible themes and a short list of movies (4 or so) you would show under that theme. Thanks in advance for your help.

MD
Unicorn_Blade

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:21 pm Reply with quote
You could try building something around Japanese believes/spirits theme. Japanese society at my uni organised something like this, and it included from what I can remember Mononoke-hime, Pompoko, Spirited Away.

There was also another one that focused on history/samurais, and I think it had Ninja Scroll, Yotoden, Samurai X and a few animated series... Although series might not work so well for your festival.

You might try to do something around the theme visions of future/technology, there is plenty of animated films dealing with this one (Ghost in the Shell movies, Cowboy Bebop, Paprika, Neon Genesis Evangelion...).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1