• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Please Answer Quick Please/Gonzo And GI Joe?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laruto

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Sad I Need To know right now because I heard a while back that Gonzo was doing a Gi Joe Series and I right now want to find out Please Please Quickly!Is Hasbro Making them Do it like Transformers Cybertron?Please My Fellow Brothers Answer me in times of need! Crying or Very sad
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:10 am Reply with quote
It's true, it goes by the name of G.I. Joe: Sigma Six and we should be hearing details on the show real soon. Also of note, the new SS toy line will be 8" and unfortunatly bring an end to both the 3 3/4" and 12" toy lines.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Laruto

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:43 am Reply with quote
Then this series is going to be aired on 4kids tv this fall then, because in 4kids 4Q results al kahn announce they sign a deal to show GI Joe on the Network this fall! But is the series animated 2D people and 3d machines like most Gonzo things?
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Laruto wrote:
Then this series is going to be aired on 4kids tv this fall then, because in 4kids 4Q results al kahn announce they sign a deal to show GI Joe on the Network this fall!

Yep, starts September 10th.

Quote:
But is the series animated 2D people and 3d machines like most Gonzo things?

That's what I mean by "hearing details on the show real soon," nobody really knows just what the show will be like yet (that I've found). However, based on the last two G.I.Joe features and how angular the new designs are it's very likely it'll continue bing all 3D.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Laruto

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Laruto wrote:
Then this series is going to be aired on 4kids tv this fall then, because in 4kids 4Q results al kahn announce they sign a deal to show GI Joe on the Network this fall!

Yep, starts September 10th.

Quote:
But is the series animated 2D people and 3d machines like most Gonzo things?

That's what I mean by "hearing details on the show real soon," nobody really knows just what the show will be like yet (that I've found). However, based on the last two G.I.Joe features and how angular the new designs are it's very likely it'll continue bing all 3D.

Emerje

All 3D sucks but thank you Very Happy
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
It's true, it goes by the name of G.I. Joe: Sigma Six and we should be hearing details on the show real soon. Also of note, the new SS toy line will be 8" and unfortunatly bring an end to both the 3 3/4" and 12" toy lines.

Emerje

I never watched any of the series, but the original toys (or at least the ones in the early 90's) completely kicked ass. They were like... the perfect mix of flexibility with enough action figure-ness to them.

Such a shame they're not around. Anime cry
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
AHZ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
That's what I mean by "hearing details on the show real soon," nobody really knows just what the show will be like yet (that I've found). However, based on the last two G.I.Joe features and how angular the new designs are it's very likely it'll continue bing all 3D.Emerje

I saw the last G.I. Joe movie they made; it was adequate at best. I grew up on G.I. Joe so I think it would be very difficult to capture the feeling of the original. There've been a few different versions, but the original was the best; and the ending theme song is one of my all time favorites.

I'll give the new 3d look a chance, but it won't be as good as the O.G. version.
Laruto

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:31 pm Reply with quote
I Read the Press release by 4Kids Entertainment and It looks like its going to be 2d and 3d animation, 2D Characters and 3D Machine since Hasbro Head stated the Animation is High Quailty. So Heres hoping the story is good! and is this a Half Breed SHow? I mean American Back ground but Japanese Made, SO this is one of those Animeonic's? Sad Right?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1