• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Song suggestions..kinda

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slayer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Hello. I am a guitarist who needs some help from you guys. Some foreign exchange students have come from japan to hang at our school. Anyways I tend to play guitar during lunch. Anyways my friends from japanese class are the hosts of these kids. They will most likely come by to see me play during lunch so I wanted to know what songs you think I should learn to play. WHat I mean is name some songs by bands that almost every japanese kid would know. Would something by the pillows such as ride on shoooting star or advice work? or do I need something else. Remember it should contain a good bit of guitar and have an instantly recognizable riff. You know when you listen to the beginning guitar part of led zeps black dog or stairway you know its that song. Thats what I need thanks you. Very Happy
Slayer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:53 pm Reply with quote
forget it I figured it out more or less...You guys are mean for not posting Confused
rektagunn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:02 am Reply with quote
Give it some time....most of the posters post on the anime board section....although some do overlap.

Well, even if you have it figured out I'll just throw this one in anyway: any recent hits Larc en Ciel (i.e. Killing Me) is a surefire bet since they're arguably the biggest rock band in Japan right now.

As a guitar player myself, it's nice to know another musically inclined anime-fan. Hooray for rock!
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:13 pm Reply with quote
what did you come up with?
I would have posted, but I didn't know any. sorry

music is awesome
*drummer, trombonist, pennywhistler*

and Slayer rocks! Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1