• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What's your favorite OST and most loved anime song?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
canza

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Mine's are Samurai X OST and FLCL Ost. My favorite anime song would be the song played at the end of the X/1999 anime episodes. I don't know what the name is but it's soooo good. If you've never heard of it, I suggest you find the song and listen to it.
Innotech

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:52 pm Reply with quote
right now my favorite OST ever is from AIR. Air is a great great show but that music is simply incredible.
My favorite song is sitll Towa no hana from Ai Yori Aoshi.
Glory Questor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:21 am Reply with quote
Wolf's Rain. Too many great songs on that album, but I really like "Run, Wolf Warrior" -- a great, epic folk song.
gnollman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:32 am Reply with quote
My favorite is still the Bubblegum Crisis Complete Vocal Collection vol 1... most loved song is track 13, TWILIGHT... Very few anime have come to the quality of music of the original BGC series.

Yeah, it's old school... but then, so am I....
Cloe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:55 am Reply with quote
canza wrote:
My favorite anime song would be the song played at the end of the X/1999 anime episodes. I don't know what the name is but it's soooo good.

I believe it's called "Secret Sorrow." Yes, it is a great song. It has kind of a jazzy feel and soft, mellow vocals.

My favorite OST is probably the Turn A Gundam concert album. It's SO incredible; I am a big fan of classical music and any one of Yoko Kanno's amazing symphonic arrangements on this CD can easliy compete with Dvorjak, Grieg, or Kabalevsky. I'm moved to tears by the symphonic arrangement of "Back to the River." In fact, all of the Turn A Gundam OSTs are fantastic. I can't decide which one moves me the most.

That said, my most loved anime song is probably the vocal version of "Back to the River." It's gorgeous beyond description. Oh, and "Uka" from the second Turn A Gundam OST (Dianna & Kihel) is amazingly lush in its harmonies and arrangement.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Just about anything by Yoko Kanno is my favorite OST, but if I had to pick, it would be Macross Plus. Of all the anime songs out there, "Voices" is my all-time favorite.

Now to wait for Yuki Kajiura fans to post...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:29 am Reply with quote
As much as I love the rockin FLCL soundtrack, It's been surpassed by my current favorite(s), the new BECK and KEITH OSTs. It's great to finally get to hear the whole version of Beck's songs especially the excellent Brainpowered. Chiba's raps are awesome, too... I just wish I could understand them better. I'm even growing a soft spot for Belle Ame! Shocked

As for favorite song, though, that's a tought one. I really like Hybrid Rainbow from FLCL, Sora from Escaflowne, and tons of others. But in the end, it has to go back to the smoot jazz stylings of Yoko Kanno. The song Space Lion from the Cowboy Bebop OST is IMO, probably one of her best tracks for any series she's done. I've never been a fan of Enya, or anything like that, but this song really gets me. It's just got this mellow chill vibe to it, but sort of sad, like Gren on the Sax. Then the drums, and the Native American style chanting come in... I love it! Every time I hear it, I'm reminded of the scene at the end of Cowboy Bebop, where the shaman tells the little kid that the star finally gets to rest. It gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:11 am Reply with quote
Hm.. I suppose my favorite OST would probably be Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuioku-hen. In addition to it being my favorite anime, the music does SUCH a wonderful job of accompanying the powerful imagery and moving story that just hearing any tune from the soundtrack gives me goosebumps Anime hyper.

Of course there are other OSTs I really like as well, but in terms of overall enjoyability, Tsuioku-hen gets my vote.

As for favorite anime song, I'm really keen to either "Shiki no Uta" from Samurai Champloo or "Akaneiro ga Moeru Toki" from Gungrave. Each song is catchy in their own right and I really love shaking my head to those while driving Razz.
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:12 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:

As for favorite anime song, I'm really keen to either "Shiki no Uta" from Samurai Champloo or "Akaneiro ga Moeru Toki" from Gungrave. Each song is catchy in their own right and I really love shaking my head to those while driving Razz.

You know what I'm gonna say about the Gungrave ED. =P

Anyways, my favorite OST is the Someday's Dreamers OST. It's very easy listening, and some of the compositions are quite beautiful. It's also one of the few OSTs that I don't mind the fact that the same song goes through like... 3 renditions. =P

The orchestrated parts are also very beautiful. Very =P.

My favorite Anime song overall is probably the Indigo - Under the blue sky. It just has this wonderful feel to it, and it's really lovely to listen too, especially on a clear day. The music video they include on the first Someday's Dreamers volume is probably one of the single most satisfying extras on an anime DVD that I've seen. =P
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:08 am Reply with quote
gnollman wrote:
My favorite is still the Bubblegum Crisis Complete Vocal Collection vol 1

This is one also. Twilight is really good, but I like Mad Machine alittle more, mostly I'm a rocker and old choool at heart.

Well, not to steal another man thunder, I'll go with Naruto OST 1, tons of outstanding BGM, and song wise, I, I, You, and Ai - Urusei Yatsura Movie 1, just another thing I loved about the movie. A song about looking for love and your lover is chasing tail.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
balla

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:15 am Reply with quote
Great choices indeed I would say also X, Kenshin OVAs, Escaflowne, and Samurai Champloo.
omnistry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Yoko Kanno's Stand Alone Complex OST 1. It start off with the Rob Zombie-ish "Run Rabbit Junk," with the creamy "Velveteen" in the middle, and finally ends with the warm last track (can't read kanji).

However, my most loved anime song has to be "I Think I Can" performed by the Pillows. I was playing that song during the bottom of the ninth inning of Game 4 of the World Series. This song, not "Tessie", was my Red Sox anthem.
Cloe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:06 pm Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:
...and finally ends with the warm last track (can't read kanji).

Ah, yes. That would be "Monochrome." (It's written in katakana, actually.) Yes, that's a great song. Wink

You have chosen the perfect adjective to describe "Velveteen." Creamy... I can't think of a better word. I love this song so much I took several hours to memorize the lyrics to the chorus, which I had to write down phonetically while listening very carefully to the words (since the lyrics printed in the booklet mystified me...) Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop The beginning track sample in that song is from Blade Runner, actually. I read it on the Yoko Kanno Database and re-watched the movie just to make sure. Anime catgrin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
totalgeek

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:07 pm Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:
Yoko Kanno's Stand Alone Complex OST 1. It start off with the Rob Zombie-ish "Run Rabbit Junk," with the creamy "Velveteen" in the middle, and finally ends with the warm last track (can't read kanji).

You must have the import version of the soundtrack. I have the American released one and the title Monochrome is written in English. And "Get 9" and "Rise" are the last tracks on mine.

However, I agree that the Stand Alone Complex soundtrack is really cool. It's a toss-up between that and the Wolf's Rain soundtrack.
Maclam

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:27 am Reply with quote
I'm a big fan of instrumental music so i like

-Ai yori Aoshi
-vampire princess Miyu
-Samurai X
-Lodoss war
-and a lot more

since those 2 got the most instrumental song to my liking in a single CD

but there's so many song i love when it comes to anime

Hikari from heat guy J
Akatsuki no kuruma from gundam seed
Matsuri Uta from blue seed
Shizuka from GTO
and more and more

I like soft and sweet melody and relaxing songs Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3