• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
where can i download anime songs?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dr_laserpirate

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:38 pm Reply with quote
i'm trying to start a band that does horribly executed punk covers of anime theme-songs, but i don't know where to find songs. if anyone has any suggestions, that would quite possibly rock my world, or have some similar effect. also, if you have any suggestions for songs to cover, that would be awesome, especially if they're insipid and/ or just plain wierd.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Well, you're not supposed to ask for illegal downloads. Other than that, I'm sure you heard of The Pillows by now. I think a cover of "Freckles" from Rurouni Kenshin would be awesome. I would also like to hear some "punk" versions of the techo-ish music from GITS:SAC.

Last edited by slickwataris on Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Sorry:

Teh Rules wrote:
10) Users may not request or link to bootlegs, fansubs, scanilations, active fan-translating groups, peer-to-peer networks, timed scripts, MP3s, unauthorized movie clips, or websites that house these groups or products.
Haru to Ashura

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Don't. Just don't. Punk already is horribly executed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:19 pm Reply with quote
...what do you mean by that?
theres still real punk in the "underground scene," you just gotta look a little more closely than you used to.

dr_laserpirate - if you ever get any of these songs recorded, I'd like to hear them Smile

[edit - sorry, no asking for downloads. locked. -b]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1