• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Beck manga content?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustinSane

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:35 pm Reply with quote
I just started watching the Beck anime and from seeing that I'm wondering how Tokyopop is going to deal with all the frequent "f-bombs"? (depending on how different the anime and the manga's language choices are) I actually find the swearing in Beck absolutely hilarious... a japanese show swearing in english... I wonder if they actually know what it means in terms of how it is looked upon in Ameriacn society. I for one hope that the manga is not edited because of swearing but if anyone has any information on it please share.
SnowStar_7*

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:01 pm Reply with quote
I think there will be no problem when it comes to the F-word. Saiyuki (Tokyopop) has that word said more than a couple of times. It is rated OT16 by the way what is Beck going to be rated? I cannot seem to remember.

The anime has that word? lol That's hilarious! You know something though, it's kind of like this. Here in the U.S. when a foreign language bad word is said it said quite freely, but if it were to be said in public television in the country's origin it would be seen as the vulgar word it actually is. So that applies in the same way to Japan. To us it's a word that's bleeped (many times in a not so correct way) on t.v. while for them it's just a foreign insult.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1