• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Char's Counterattack ending (Spoilers!)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThatMatt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:45 pm Reply with quote
I recently saw Char's Counteraatack, and although the ending was ok for the most part, I couldn't figue one thing out. That is spoiler[do Char and Amaro die? Do they live or what?] Any insight would be great.
JinchuuGundam85

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:52 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[They both died. Char could not escape because he was traped in the escape pod and Amuro couldn't escape because if he did Axis would have hit Earth. I don't know if this is the same in Beltorchika's Children which is the true version of Char's Counterattack. ]
zaphdash

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:46 pm Reply with quote
The movie intentionally doesn't specifically say, although it certainly looked to me like the Nu Gundam exploded, so I'd say they're pretty dead.

The novels are much more clear cut. They're both dead.
JinchuuGundam85

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:55 pm Reply with quote
zaphdash wrote:
The movie intentionally doesn't specifically say, although it certainly looked to me like the Nu Gundam exploded, so I'd say they're pretty dead.

Shouldn't you have put that in spoiler tags?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:06 pm Reply with quote
JinchuuGundam85 wrote:
Shouldn't you have put that in spoiler tags?

Well the title of the thread already says "(Spoilers!)" anyway. So I guess any person not wanting to know the ending of CCA is entering at their own risk when a disclaimer has already been clearly established Razz.

As for the ending itself:

spoiler[ It looked like they died. I've only seen the movie once and it was almost a year ago, but I distinctly remember seeing them dive into the atmosphere thinking to myself that something would explode. However the whole thing just kind of faded into black and I don't remember what happened afterwards.]
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:07 pm Reply with quote
It specifically mentions in the thread's title there'll be spoilers, so I'd say it's pretty safe to go without them this time around...at least as long as it pertains to Char's Counterattack/Beltorchika's Children-related matters.

Anyway, I'm gonna cast my lot in with zaphdash on this one. It did look kinda vague (them weirdo Super Spacenoids Razz ), but it certainly seemed to me like the two of them both went out in one last glorious flash of Psycommu-enhanced Newtype power. Besides, at least to me it makes the ending work better; it's a definitive end to the Char/Amuro portion of Gundam, and based on how Tomino treats Newtypes later in the franchise, a symbolic end to the Newtype phenomenon itself (or at least in its grand, glorious "true human evolution, we must migrate and become enlightened" form).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
JinchuuGundam85

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. and Nagisa your right. Sorry zaphdash. Crying or Very sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1