• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Eureka Seven movie Blu-ray/DVD release missing a feature.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Panda Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Has anyone else noticed that we didn't get teh English Dub making of feature on the retail release of Good Night. Sleep Tight, Young Lovers? I was really wanting to see the bloopers since I didn't make it to the theatrical showing.

Though, I may just be blind and somehow missed it both times I looked for it.
Paploo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Haven't seen the disc, but it could just be that was something they did just for the theatrical release. If it's not listed on the dvd case, then it's probably intentional that they left it out.
Mushi-Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:26 pm Reply with quote
I'm kind of sad that they would leave that out. I got to see it in theaters and also saw the behind the scenes special at the end and it was kind of interesting to watch. They had the voice actors talk about what they thought about their characters and a few of them had some interesting thoughts. I'd assume they did this because they wanted that extra to be a special thing for the people who went to see the movie in theaters and thought it would cheapen the act by putting it on the dvd, but I think all would agree that this makes no sense. Another thought is this might be the fault of fault of Bandai Japan. To my understanding the Bandai Entertainment (Japan) often sets guide lines on what they want the American branch to do and not to do. And this often ends badly with decisions that the American fans don't like. For example: Bandai Entertainment made Bandai USA release Kurokami as a dub only release to prevent "reverse importation". Basically Bandai was afraid that the Japanese people would just buy the cheaper blu-ray dvds of Kurokami from the U.S. market and have them imported. So to prevent them they came up with the "brilliant" idea of forcing Bandai USA to take off the Japanese track from the DVDs. Great job Bandai, that's the way to piss everyone off. Maybe Bandai Entertainment thought it was wise (for whatever reason) to remove this extra from the DVDs. Whatever the reason may be I do not approve, I was really hoping to re-watch that extra.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Paploo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:17 pm Reply with quote
"So to prevent them they came up with the "brilliant" idea of forcing Bandai USA to take off the Japanese track from the DVDs"

The dvd's are bilingual, as they are R1. Where the BluRays are region free, they are dubonly, though the made up for it a little by making them lowpriced for a bluray.

The DVD 2-packs contain 6 episodes each for 29.99, bilingual.

The blurays contain 4 episodes each for 24.99. Dub only.
sanosuke32

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Panda Man wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that we didn't get teh English Dub making of feature on the retail release of Good Night. Sleep Tight, Young Lovers? I was really wanting to see the bloopers since I didn't make it to the theatrical showing.

Though, I may just be blind and somehow missed it both times I looked for it.

They stated a while ago that the behind the scenes and bloopers would not be on the disc sadly. I don't understand why and it really pisses me off since I live in Canada and therefore impossible for me to ever see them even if they do bring it back to theaters. Would have loved to see what it was all about. They should at least post it online somewhere. In case you can't tell already I'm a huge VO geek Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1