• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fear Factory "anime" video

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iron Chef

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:54 pm Reply with quote
You can download a new video from heavy metal band Fear Factory from their label Roadrunner Records.

Though it's described as "anime," it's more of a cheap knock-off of Final Fantasy or something. The quality's not too great, either, but what the heck. Besides, it's FEAR FACTORY!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:43 am Reply with quote
isn't this just stock footage from "Galerians"
Iron Chef

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:41 pm Reply with quote
I'd have to take your word for that, as I've not seen Galerians. Ummm...what is it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:12 am Reply with quote
the_soultaker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:22 pm Reply with quote
fear factory isn't my thing, but Static-x and Powerman 2000...yeahh,boyyee! Razz
Lone Outlaw

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Fear Factory's "Obsolete" is one of the best hard rock albums ever! Bands like Static-X and Powerman 5000 are ok but they've never produced anything groundbreaking. Metal Rules!!! Look forward to the video Cool
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:36 am Reply with quote
Fear Factory is good, but they are way overrated. listen to Strapping Young Lad, they're way better.
the_soultaker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Lone Outlaw wrote:
Fear Factory's "Obsolete" is one of the best hard rock albums ever! Bands like Static-X and Powerman 5000 are ok but they've never produced anything groundbreaking. Metal Rules!!! Look forward to the video Cool
Are you kidding me, have you ever listened to "Transform" "Action" "Obstelelectric" or "Cold" just to name a few songs from
Powerman and Static-X? I don't think so otherwise you wouldn't have made that statement. Razz On the contrary, those aforementioned songs are better than anything i have heard from FF. (Not to mention that FF has the same dull monotone vocals.)
Iron Chef

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:09 am Reply with quote
To Soultaker: Burt Bell's voice is pretty dynamic, especially when compared to Wayne Static or Spider-1. I'll admit that he has only two styles (growling or deep-lunged singing), but his stuff is way better than the other guys, especially Static.

To v1cious: You're my new hero. SYL is amazing, as is pretty much everything that's come out of Devin Townsend's head (Project EKO aside). I can't wait for the new Strapping album this year.
the_soultaker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:29 am Reply with quote
Iron Chef wrote:
To Soultaker: Burt Bell's voice is pretty dynamic, especially when compared to Wayne Static or Spider-1. I'll admit that he has only two styles (growling or deep-lunged singing), but his stuff is way better than the other guys, especially Static.

Hey that's your opinion,And needless to say that i beg to differ (pun intended in reference to the title album from 90's Thrash band Prong) Zero Signal was my favorite song from FF,But Rob Traynor from the obcure band Dust to Dust can just as easily match Bell's "dynamic vocals". FF has a following no doubt, but iv'e heard better.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1