• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Full Metal Panic

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sousuke Segari

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:14 am Reply with quote
Bear with me if this has been talked about before, I Am new to the forum so,

Surprised Does any one else think that Full Metal Panic is well really freakin good. when I baught it I thought ohh just another "giant robot" show but when I saw the frist episode I realized it was much more, and it quickely became my number two faviorite anime. So I guess my question is is it a really popular anime?
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:58 pm Reply with quote
The easiest way to determine how the members of this site feel about a certain show is to go into the encyclopedia, click on aime and then fine the show you want. There is a bar that show how fans rate this show, that the best way to tell.
Likewise you could check out the top ten anime list which is on the right hand side on the viewing page.
And to answer your question, I thought it was alright the characters could have been develop more I thought. The battles are pretty good, I enjoy how they knife fight, nothing better than being right in front of your enemy as you cut him/her down. If you enjoy the show that much there were some spin-off/sequels (I can't remember), that you might want to check out. I have not seen any of these yet so I can not put in my two cents about it

Delta Kiral
TMBounty_Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:26 pm Reply with quote
it would be a lot better is GONZO decided to give rights to people to make more model kits of the mechas. there were only very few made and they were event kits which are VERY hard to get if not impossible, and that sucks a lot.

great show anyway, pretty much only anime I've seen form GONZO on which they didn't cheap out on everything they could
Krelian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:32 pm Reply with quote
I thought Full Metal Panic was great too. But not because of the mecha's, but because I really liked Sagara Sousuke: he's one of the funnies yet most dead serious personalities I've encountered so far. The way he is completely alienated from things like etiquette, normal behavior, and especially girls & relationships simply cracked me up Smile

If you thought he was a cool character, try watching 'Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu', it's basically a continuation of the series but it stresses Sousuke's social interaction with other people and it barely involves mecha's. But it's really funny and enjoyable.
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:02 pm Reply with quote
I fist saw it on Anime on Demand. And i started about the fourth episode in and it was aswom. It didn't take too long to catch on and it seemed more realistic with the mechas. There advance mechas but not advanced enough to go into space, which seems more probable at the moment and the time the show took place. And the fights were short but not too short so you dont get whats going on, or somthing along those lines.
I perssonally can't wait unti Fumoffu comes out Very Happy .
one3rd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Krelian wrote:
If you thought he was a cool character, try watching 'Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu', it's basically a continuation of the series but it stresses Sousuke's social interaction with other people and it barely involves mecha's. But it's really funny and enjoyable.

There are absolutely no mechas in the traditional sense. To paraphrase Kaname's statement in the first next-episode preview, there will be absolutely no arm slaves in this one. I'll concede that spoiler[Bonta-kun could be considered a mecha unit, but not in the traditional giant robot fashion.] Fans of the anime should check out the manga too.
firekitty500

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:05 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if Full Metal Panic came after Full Metal Alchlemist. Cause if it does I can't wait to see it on adult swim. Very Happy
tenchidragon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Yes!!!!!!!!Full Metal Panic is the best.I dont even like giant robot shows but its a lot more then that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:45 pm Reply with quote
firekitty500 wrote:
I wonder if Full Metal Panic came after Full Metal Alchlemist. Cause if it does I can't wait to see it on adult swim. Very Happy

Actually Fullmetal Alchemist and Full Metal Panic have nothing to do with each other. They are completely separate series. But, for the record. The FMP anime predates FMA by over a year. I'm not certain about the manga though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1