• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Have you played Fullmetal Alchemist?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redrock

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:00 pm Reply with quote
hello

I watch the fullmetal alchemist cartoon and was checking out games on a website and saw there's a game. I was curious to see if any of you, know more about it or played it? I think it came out today. I have been reading some of the reviews which are not so great, but I listen to the general public who play the game. Yet. the preview on www.square-enix.com/games/FMA looks pretty cool, so I'm getting excited.
cindyjeans

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Well the game came out a couple of days ago! I had my heart set on and when I went to Best Buy it was already out! I heard it's really good! Square enix is working on 3 other FMA games. A gameboy advanced game, and two more playstation ones! Shocked I guess I'm overly obsessed to have nothing better to do than look these all up... Anime hyper
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:31 pm Reply with quote
There is a Demo in the Feb Disc of Official Playstation Magazine.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:37 pm Reply with quote
It's not a horrible game, rather average really, not quite up to S-E's standards (but other than FF what is?). The graphics are nice, lots of palet swaping on the character models though. The controls are pretty good, but there are some issues with accuracy, especially when it comes to jumping (not to mention I hate analog sticks, but there's not D-pad support). It's extremely easy though, I've been playing for 9 hours now and I'm probably nearing the end of the game (spoiler[just broke out of the prison]) and haven't died yet or recieved a rank lower than B. Items are easy to find, which is good because there's no money in this game, that's also bad because if you run out of an item it's a stab in the dark before you get more of it which means you'll probably have to back track and farm bad guys for items. Without a doubt the best part about the game is the story, has very much the same feel as an episode, especially with the FUNi actors and fair amout of cut scenes (though I was expecting quite a few more of them).

Overall if you're looking for the next Final Fantasy you're out of luck, but if you want a good hack-and-slash game with some unique elements based on a popular anime series (and what amounts to perhaps the current best anime game out there) then it's certainly worth atleast a weekend rental.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
the_soultaker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:07 am Reply with quote
I read somewhere, that it recieved less-than-favorable reviews,but anyway i'm wondering if any American game comps will localize the Sword of the Beserk sequel for PS2.

If not,too bad. Atleast i have Resident Evil 4 and the Punisher to quell my gaming fix. Wink
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:49 am Reply with quote
FMA reviews at http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/review/918889.html.

And Sword of the Berserk was only re-titled to that, because of some Atari game called Berserk. As for the "sequel", it's being produced by Sammy, which owns SEGA, so it's really a matter of when.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1