• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Is TRSI a part of ADV?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Just wondering if Right Stuf is a part of ADV. A friend of mine says he saw one of their anime titles and it had "ADV" along the spine. The only DVDs of their's I have are Kare Kano and Boogiepop Phantom. My guess is ADV could be a distrubtor, but I'm not sure if they do anything else.
IanC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:21 pm Reply with quote
They do have some connection IIRC, I know that ADV UK published Boogiepop over here.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:28 pm Reply with quote
IanC wrote:
They do have some connection IIRC, I know that ADV UK published Boogiepop over here.

Yeah, I was leaning more towards the distributor side, like how ADV UK also did Hellsing, even though it's Geneon here in The States. I'm just wondering more so about their relation here in America.

Oh, and speaking of ADV UK's Hellsing, do you or any other person from there have the box set. I saw a picture of it once and it looks really cool. I wanted to know if any one has seen both the R1 and R2 version and if there were any differences (particularly in the dubbing).

I have an all region DVD player now, and if I can save up the money someday and the R2 version is any better, I may end up getting that instead of the R1.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:31 pm Reply with quote
No they aren't a part of ADV. ADV has done some distrobution for them, but I believe it's primarily been ADV UK. TAN has been airing some rightstuf properties such as Boogiepop and Comic Party, so there may have been a sticker or something about it.
IanC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:

Oh, and speaking of ADV UK's Hellsing, do you or any other person from there have the box set. I saw a picture of it once and it looks really cool. I wanted to know if any one has seen both the R1 and R2 version and if there were any differences (particularly in the dubbing).

http://forums.animeuknews.net/album_page.php?pic_id=22
http://forums.animeuknews.net/album_page.php?pic_id=21
http://forums.animeuknews.net/album_page.php?pic_id=23
http://forums.animeuknews.net/album_page.php?pic_id=24

Not my pics, but they gve you an idea.
The dubs the same as the US release, by NewGen pictures.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Kazuki-san wrote:
No they aren't a part of ADV. ADV has done some distrobution for them, but I believe it's primarily been ADV UK. TAN has been airing some rightstuf properties such as Boogiepop and Comic Party, so there may have been a sticker or something about it.

Alright then, I'll look at my friend's DVD and take a picture if it seems like more than an ad. Thanks!

And thank you, IanC for the Hellsing info.
Asuka

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:04 pm Reply with quote
TAN isn't limited to ADV properties. They have some Geneon stuff(Chobits off the top of my head), TRSI stuff, and will be airing Slayers this year.

ADV is a distributor for TRSI, to clarify things. Only TRSI title I own is Kare Kano, and I know that it was distributed by ADV.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Shibahime wrote:
TAN isn't limited to ADV properties.

Yes, I'm aware of this. I was merely pointing out that since TAN has been airing TRSI series, (since we are talking about a TRSI title) that it is possible that a ADV/TAN sticker or something of that sort could have been on the case.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1