• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
2005 New Year's Anime Resolutions

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
equinox13

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:37 am Reply with quote
if there is already a thread out there like this i apologize. and i'm sure it's a little late, but...

what were everyone's anime related resolutions this year?

mine is to finally break spending $4k on anime this year. i came close the last two years.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:59 am Reply with quote
Cut down on what I spend, but then again, at the same time, collect the region 2 release of One Piece.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:06 am Reply with quote
My resolution is the opposite, buy more Anime exclamation. I don't have a job and have been using weekly allowances, birthday, and Christmas money to get anime, which in itself wasn't even that much. And not to mention a majority of it all was just Limited Edition volume 1's, so I haven't seen past a whole lot of the beginnings of series Razz.

This year, I hope to get a job all the while doing my best to get good grades in college as well. I'm going to do what I can to pull off my best Rock Lee impersonation and overcome adversity with lots of hardwork, even if it kills me!

SuperOnizuka

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:10 am Reply with quote
My resolution is to buy less and only buy the titles to finish the current series that I want to finish.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Sousuke Segari

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:52 am Reply with quote
Must buy more anime. I will buy triple what i bought last year.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:12 pm Reply with quote
This year I want to have more time to watch the anime I already have, but then again working and going to college really destroy your social life. Word to those not in college yet, spend time with your friends, and do things you want to do now. Once you get into college your time disappear, espically if you are working more than 20 hours like I am.
Resolutions to watch Hellsing boxset, watch Gundam Wing again, (it's was my first anime leave me be), start twelve kingdoms, start Kenshin OVA, start Akria. Attempt to figure out EVA (har har), buy zeta, find time to watch cowboy bebop. Buy FMA, maybe go to a convention this year (anyone know of a good LA one?), GET GOOD GRADES SO I GET MY SCHOLARSHIP AND KEEP GOING TO SCHOOL. That it.

Delta Kiral
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:44 pm Reply with quote
tony - I've never seen you, but I'm betting that to do a good rock lee impersonation, you'll need to grow bigger eyebrows Laughing

my resolutions? I don't really have any. or I have a lot. I'm new to anime, so pretty much see everything that I can Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
kamiboy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:19 pm Reply with quote
equinox13 wrote:
mine is to finally break spending $4k on anime this year. i came close the last two years.

I will almost certainly shatter that number in anime related shopping this year! (Manic evil anime guy laughter) Mwah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah!
Key

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:06 pm Reply with quote
My New Year's resolution is to finally get around to watching the boxed set of Kurogane Communications, which I picked up quite cheaply at a convention back in August but haven't found the time to watch since then.

Well, that and get a side job reviewing anime releases for a major website, of course. Cool Got close on that point this past year. . .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Taruto

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:13 pm Reply with quote
My resolutions include importing more stuff, watching more anime and reading more manga. e___e;; it's not like I don't do that enough, but I needed a resolution.
And oo, buy more pretty art books! There's already a Naruto one I'm going to buy <3
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:34 pm Reply with quote
I mostly intend to catch up on some of the more "must-see" anime I've been meaning to watch, but have yet to get around to. This would primarily involve seeing the rest of Utena beyond the last three episodes & movie, RahXephon, picking Samurai Champloo up again, general Miyazaki (Spirited Away, Nausicaa, Totoro, Howl's Moving Castle), generally any Leiji Matsumodo I can get my hands on, Berserk!, Innocence: Ghost in the Shell, You're Under Arrest, Slayers, finishing Fullmetal Alchemist, and so on like that. Also, anime grey-area, but I intend to get back into the old-school Transformers. And by the end of 2005 I seek to have seen, in part or whole, every majour Gundam title produced thus far (which basically means...get ahold of Zeta, Double Zeta, & Victory...hey, I'm almost a third of the way there).

Then there's my plan to appeal to every majour deity known to man for a R1 DVD release of the Galaxy Express 999 movies. C'mon, I have to own a copy, it was the first anime I ever saw! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Haru to Ashura

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:47 pm Reply with quote
:) New Years anime resolution?

The Twelve Kingdoms. I'm going to get around to watching/buying all of it, it's such a great series.

Other than that, to spend less, actually. I'm rarely buying anime at full-price anymore. As viewership goes up, hopefully prices will go down...but they havn't yet. And I really do have better things to be spending my money on.

It seems that a lot of other people want to cut back on spending too. So, here's the somewhat ultimate way to save money and still enjoy anime/manga/etc. fandom:

1. Buy only used videogames. Unless it's a Zelda game or something equally as awesome - albiet something equal to Zelda is likely to not occur. ^_^
2. Coupons!! Savings cards! And the like. Sure, they're made for mini-van-moms, but use them wisely and they will help you.
3. Sit around in Barnes and Noble and read comics for hours.
4. Buy used anime. Or sell some of yours back.
5. Uh.....'Hong Kong' dvds.....^_~
6. Only buy series that you're really really into. Read a butt-load of reviews before you buy! Thanks for reviews, ANN!
7. Don't buy at crappy overpriced video stores, like Suncoast or Sam Goody. Best Buy and Target kick a lot more arse. Heck, if you can handle the one-star hotel smell, then go to Walmart.
8. Get a summer job at the comic book store!
9. Cut your Newtype suscription. Just buy it off the stands every once in a while, only when you're sure that all of the articles in it are actually of your interest. (ex: It's a waste of money for a head-strong action anime guy to suscribe to NT, then get an issue that's entirely about Di Gi Charat.) Or, Newtype also makes good Barnes and Noble reading time material. Same goes w/ other magazines.
10. Make friends who like the stuff you do. Then mooch off of them.

>_> I'm so cheap...*runs away*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
IvoryBirch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Well, I suppose my resolution would be to actually watch some anime. Although I have read hundreds of manga, I've hardly seen any anime (it's pathetic, really). My Netflix queue is already in order - now I just have to get a bottle of Motrin to prevent headaches caused by staring at the television screen for hours on end...
OTP

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:02 pm Reply with quote
My New Year's resolution is to actually buy some anime. I didn't buy a single anime title last year. In fact, the first anime title I bought was Tenchi Muyo GXP volume 1, and that was last week.

I also want to get some more manga/continue the manga I already have. I fell way behind on The Getbackers.
Hunter Gren

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Spend Less acctually (gettin pretty poor here) Finish the series I've started, 14 discs to go!

finish planning and running an anime convention.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2