• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
20th Century Boy license by Viz?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkhunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Viz Acquires 20th Century Boys? (09:58 PM EST): According to the Diamond Previews update for their manga, they have a solicitation in there for 20TH CENTURY BOYS, a title that's been sought after by its fans for some time as it's done by the creator of both Monster and Master Keaton and Yawara.

-source from AnimeOnDVD

So what you guys think? Coming out in Feburary.
I'm definitely going to pick it up.

Now, all I want is the Gantz manga to be license.

Last edited by darkhunter on Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChrisBeveridge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:44 pm Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:

FYI, it's in the February Previews which is for a roughly May 2005 release timeframe. Give or take a month for Viz and your bookstore to get it as well.
JustinSane

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:10 pm Reply with quote
I've been hoping that this title would be licensed since I heard about it. The only problem is Viz isn't the greatest on release on when you thing. It was said that Monster was supposed to be released on December 8th but it's yet to comee on shelves and Viz is yet to make an annoucement that they aquired the title. But if 20th Century Boy were to come out I would without a doubt buy it.
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:15 am Reply with quote
YES! I was bummed when they didn't follow through on Monster, but since 20thCB is better, I'm happy. This is definitally one of my favorite mangas and it's a blast to read.
alice20th

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:11 am Reply with quote
JustinSane wrote:
I've been hoping that this title would be licensed since I heard about it. The only problem is Viz isn't the greatest on release on when you thing. It was said that Monster was supposed to be released on December 8th but it's yet to comee on shelves and Viz is yet to make an annoucement that they aquired the title. But if 20th Century Boy were to come out I would without a doubt buy it.

I will grant you the point that Viz is terrible at getting manga on the shelves in a timely fashion...

But you can't fault Viz for not shipping Monster when net rumors say they will. I understand the frustration. I feel it too. But that one is our fault for believing the net.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:34 pm Reply with quote
I have a feeling that Monster will eventually come out due to 20th Century Boy.

ChrisBeveridge wrote:
darkhunter wrote:

FYI, it's in the February Previews which is for a roughly May 2005 release timeframe. Give or take a month for Viz and your bookstore to get it as well.

Thanks for the correction. I got a head of myself because of the awesome news. Lets hope it's true.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1