• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
DVD Easter Eggs

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dozi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:34 am Reply with quote
For those of you that don't know, easter eggs are hidden messages/footage found on DVD's.

I was hoping if someone know a site that has a list and how to get to easter eggs on Anime DVD's. I've seen some on animeondvd.com but they are lacking at best in this subject. If you could help out that would be much appreciated.

THANKS.
JackBassV

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:52 am Reply with quote
About the only anime I know of with easter eggs is Excel Saga.

Disc 2 (if I remember) has several "adverts" for menchi related meat products - It's good, It's tasty, It's Menchi lol.

Disc 6 contains some newspaper articles - from F City, including a certain Scientist looking for a date, and recruitment for ACROSS.

To find Easter Eggs, you have to be patient and use the cursor on your remote - The adverts in Excel were hard to find - Try moving the cursor away from the menu items, or pressing enter (play) while the screen is changing.

If you have a PC and use PowerDVD, you can manually select the scene (including Easter Eggs) to view, by right clicking and selecting Go To from the sub menu.

Okay, so it's not a web address, you just need to experiment.

JBV^_^
KLS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:31 am Reply with quote
Fruits Basket 1 - At the 'Extras' menu, press 0 and 1 in that order on your remote. By doing this, you can listen to blooper clips from the English cast.
Fruits Basket 3 - Repeat said procedure to listen to more dub bloopers and mistakes while enjoying the English version of 'Serenade'.

If you are watching the DVD on your computer, these are available by simply visiting 'Character Profiles' on the 'Extras' menu.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1