• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Captain Harlock?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AHZ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:24 pm Reply with quote
I recently ran across an old VHS tape of a Captain Harlock movie that I have never heard of. The name of the movie is "Vengeance of the Space Pirate" (or something similar).

Some of the scenes looked like they were from Arcadia of my Youth, but I've never seen that either so I don't know for sure. Has anyone else ever heard of this movie?
jsyxx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:09 pm Reply with quote
I read about the same movie. Aparently, it was also released in Japan. I've heard no real information about it though. It could be a condesnsed version of the tv show, but again I don't know squat about it. Matsumoto did alot of anime from that time period thats unrecognized in America.
jfrog

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:32 am Reply with quote
I believe that Vengeance of the Space Pirate is a hacked-and-dubbed version of Arcadia of My Youth, but I could be wrong.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Spazer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:47 pm Reply with quote
There were two versions released by the company behind the dubbed version of arcadia of my youth. One cut and one uncut version, they both had the same dub though. And one of the versions was named Vengeance of the Space Pirate.
I love the dub, actually one of my favourite dubs.
jsyxx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Well it can't be any worse than the dub on My Youth in Arcadia.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1