• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
King of Wolves from Dark Horse

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cboudreau

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:02 am Reply with quote
I read this over at icv2.com this morning:

Dark Horse Comics will publish the King of Wolves manga with the first 200-page volume set to appear in May 2005. Kentaro Miura, creator of the popular Berserk series (also published by Dark Horse), is the writer of King of Wolves, while Buronson, whose distinctive art style is well known to U.S. fans via the Fist of the North Star manga series, provides the illustrations.

King of Wolves is the story of a mild mannered historian, who, while researching the history of the Silk Road, is transported back to the era of Genghis Khan in 13th Century Mongolia where he is made a warrior slave. A year after the historian's disappearance, his girl friend, while attempting to retrace his steps, is sucked into the same temporal vortex, initiating a wild, action-packed series of adventures.
aloysius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:36 am Reply with quote
cboudreau wrote:
Kentaro Miura, creator of the popular Berserk series (also published by Dark Horse), is the writer of King of Wolves, while Buronson, whose distinctive art style is well known to U.S. fans via the Fist of the North Star manga series, provides the illustrations.

Isn't it the other way around? Hata Tetsuo drew "Fist of the North Star" while Bronson wrote the story.
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Yes, Buroson is the writer, not the artist. Must have been a mix up. It sounds a bit cheesy, but he is a great writer, as anyone who has read Sanctuary or Strain will tell you, so I'm sure it will be entertaining.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:02 am Reply with quote
The King of Wolves (Ohrou) page: King of Wolves

• King of Wolves is an action/adventure masterpiece crafted by the superstar manga creative team of Buronson (Fist of the North Star) and Kentaro Miura (Berserk).[/url]

It's a one-shot manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1