• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RAVE, the manga not an all night dance party!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mistress_reebi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:09 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure people have heard of this manga, it has a music theme to it. It's about this guy named Haru finding out he is the new rave master and he has to collect all the raves before demon card collects them all. he has a chick named elie, man named musica and a dog that looks like a snowman in his party. I love the manga, dislike the anime
darkhunter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:28 pm Reply with quote
I have the first volume and to my surpise, the anime never animated the first volume, which is strange. But anyways, it's good, your typical shonen title, in which boy save the world while on an adventure to find his dad. You got your mascot and your typical girl. It's a decent manga, but it leans towards the younger crowd. The cover are nicely done, that's why I pick it up, but it's all the way on the bottom of my backlog, so it's not a priority to continue for me.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:00 pm Reply with quote
I also have the first volume of the manga but the first volume only. It's not exactly on my must get list. The anime is allright once you get past all those annoying flashbacks in the ten or so episodes. They should of just animated the first volume of the manga and save time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
slickwataris

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:01 pm Reply with quote
I also have the first volume of the manga but the first volume only. It's not exactly on my must get list. The anime is alright once you get past all those annoying flashbacks in the ten or so episodes. They should of just animated the first volume of the manga and save time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:01 am Reply with quote
Rave Master manga is sooo much better than its counterpart show. The characters just seem to have more depth (as much depth as you can get in a series like Rave :p) and the stories seem funnier and more enjoyable. I think I'm pretty much current, reading-wise, on the volumes that are out. So after like 12 volumes, I'm losing some interest, but it's still shaping up to be a decent series.
firegirl22

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:29 pm Reply with quote
I picked up the first volume a while ago in Target without ever having looked into the series. I ended up buying three more volumes, but haven't bought any more. I don't think i'll be getting any more of the series, but if it was shorter, I definitely would have finished it.
Grieving Chaos

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I think RAVE Master is one of the better shonen titles being released. The art is really well done, and the story after the first couple of volumes really picks up. Mashima does a good job of keeping the stories rather unpredictable beyond the cast.
nerei

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:13 am Reply with quote
The manga started out okay, in my opinion. I continued reading it, hoping that it would get better. It did, for some time. More and more powerful enemies appear, each seemingly able to defeat Haru's party in a strike. More and more questions are raised, each vital to the plot and draws people in even deeper. However, there doesn't seem to be an end to these events any time soon, and the manga is then dragging on too long. I would prefer it more if the manga is shorter and answers some of its own questions before throwing in more.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:37 pm Reply with quote
mistress_reebi wrote:
I'm sure people have heard of this manga, it has a music theme to it.

I'm not sure what exact music theme was presented in the book. I don't think it has anything to do with the Rave music scene...or is there? Maybe i need to read more of it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1