• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bionix

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
balla

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:07 pm Reply with quote
did any one see bionix this past friday what did YTV show for the new years eve as I was unable to see it.
WaR.KiN

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:17 pm Reply with quote
2 new episodes of each of the following:

Gundam Seed
Inuyasha
Witch Hunter Robin

and old episodes of their other shows.
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:24 pm Reply with quote
balla wrote:
did any one see bionix this past friday what did YTV show for the new years eve as I was unable to see it.

You didn't forget to tape it, did you? If so, you missed some important SEED and WHR, and some damn funny Inuyasha. xD
balla

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:33 pm Reply with quote
[quote]You didn't forget to tape it, did you? If so, you missed some important SEED and WHR, and some damn funny Inuyasha. [/quote]
A man just how big were those 2 episodes of WHR that I missed I can live with missing Inuyasha but not 1 let alone 2 episodes of WHR and Seed im so behind going into this week. Can anyone update me on exactly what happened since you"re site Pepperige is down I would not have another way to know what happened.
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Well, it was reported on the ANN front page.
Minsc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Three hours of anime goodness, I enjoyed it while it lasted. I would have given YTV's presentation of the New Years Eve Bionix 4 1/2 out of 5 if it wasn't for the end. Since they aired commercials over what may or may not have been important dialog at the end of WHR I gave it 2 1/2.
WaR.KiN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Well, without giving any spoilers, the 2 episodes of WHR is about how the STN cope with what happen after the disaster from the episode before. You haven't missed anything major in the storyline.
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Minsc wrote:
Three hours of anime goodness, I enjoyed it while it lasted. I would have given YTV's presentation of the New Years Eve Bionix 4 1/2 out of 5 if it wasn't for the end. Since they aired commercials over what may or may not have been important dialog at the end of WHR I gave it 2 1/2.

Well, they did air the SUPER CONTROVERSIAL episode of SEED uncut.
Chris316

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:
Minsc wrote:

Yeah I see it. I like the voice actress who does Fllay. She acts like a b**ch and Fllay is like that. I love her laugh when we saw she sleeps with Kira. That make her better.

In episode 17, when she revealed to Sai that she had something with Kira. He could be better. She said she passed the night with Kira it could be better if she says she sleeps with Kira.
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Chris316 wrote:
Pepperidge wrote:
Minsc wrote:

Yeah I see it. I like the voice actress who does Fllay. She acts like a b**ch and Fllay is like that. I love her laugh when we saw she sleeps with Kira. That make her better.

In episode 17, when she revealed to Sai that she had something with Kira. He could be better. She said she passed the night with Kira it could be better if she says she sleeps with Kira.

Actually, I think the line was pretty much the same in the Japanese version. Not sure what she said in the Cartoon Network version though.

There really isn't anything wrong with the scene in episode 16, and it really shouldn't be a surprise that YTV aired it since they've shown far worse, far earlier. Everyone just seems to make an enormous deal about it because ONE conservative parent group in Japan filed a complaint.
balla

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:41 pm Reply with quote
hey pepperige any updates on when the site will be back up.
balla

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:31 pm Reply with quote
So what did everyone think of last nights episodes.
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, I thought last night was pretty forgettable, especially considering that YTV apparently didn't get the latest episode of JLU yet, despite having it listed on their schedule for over a week Next week, however, should be good considering it's the episode where the infamous "disco gun" first appeared in the US version of SEED.

My site will be back soon, but we've run into some problems, it seems. I'll let everyone know when it's back up.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1