• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anyone else have the Witch Hunter Robin Box Set with pins?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kraid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:10 am Reply with quote
Hello,
I just purchased this DVD Box Set (not cheap) and while it's pretty nice, something about it bugs me. This box set comes in a "book" style, with the 3 pins in the back. The DVDs are held in a case that folds open revealing all 6 DVDs.

The problem is where the DVD case is at in the box set. The DVD case slides out, either up or down, and then you unfold it. When the entire box set is put on my shelf the case that holds the DVDs wil slide down until it is resting on the shelf base, so it looks like there is a hole on top where the DVD case should be but it is pushed down by gravitiy since it just slides out and nothing at the bottom catches it until it just sits on the shelf. Is it supposed to do that? You may not understand me unless you too have this box set. I thought that the DVD case would be better supported than just having gravity push it down and rest on the shelf. I hope that made sense. If not then I may try to elaborate even more.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to alleviate this "problem" or is just supposed to be like that? Thank you.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Is there any way to put a strip of weathering tape at the bottom so that the DVD case has to rest on it no matter what? I don't think there's really any other to fix it unless you held it up with something...
The Outsider

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:22 pm Reply with quote
I have the Witch Hunter Robin box set... and I had never noticed what you just described untill I read your post. The box doesn't fit on my DVD rack, so I just have it on a regular shelf, so I never noticed the section holding the DVDs slide to the bottom... I guess their really any way around fixing it... at least the series is extremly good Very Happy
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:44 pm Reply with quote
I have the same problem as well. In fact, the day I bought the set and unwrapped it, the case fell right out of the bottom of the box onto the floor, displacing dvds all over the place. I guess it's just something we will have to live with.
kraid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:26 am Reply with quote
All right, thanks for the replies guys. At least I know it's not just me. I would have thought that the packaging for the DVD case would have been better thought out, esp. for a $100 box set. But I do agree that it is a great series, one that I still have to watch. I can live with it, I just need to be careful when I pull it off my shelf.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:03 am Reply with quote
I think right stuff has a sale on the LE box that came with shotglas, tshirt, and soundtrack plus volume 1 for 25 buck. The LE box is the normal chipboard kind. Well if you need another box that's built better, that's an option.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1